Author Topic: WAYLAND area Birth certificate look up  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Blue-Spirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: WAYLAND area Birth certificate look up
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 February 16 17:19 GMT (UK) »
As advised by Pauline earlier this information is not available. The only way to get details from a 1945 birth certificate is to purchase it.

If you are unsure as to whether you are asking for the right one the GRO offer a search facility on their web site
Ok thanks but I must be being misled via other internet communications  I am not going to pay £25 for a certificate that might well not be the correct one for my research. GRO do not offer a search, well that's what they told me.

Thanks anyway.
Researching My Family in Norfolk.
Barker-Barnard-Brooks-Bush.
Eagling-Fincham-Goddard-Gooch.
Hammond-Johnson-Long.
Musk-Mickleborough/Mickleburgh.
Oakley- Parker-Potter-Smith-Wright...

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 February 16 17:23 GMT (UK) »
I purchased a birth certificate from the GRO at Southport last year, it cost £9.25.   When asked I selected that I did not know the reference and if I remember rightly it then took me to a page where I was able to give some information on the parents and approx year of birth.  The GRO found the right certificate and sent it to me. It does take a little longer, 3 weeks I think.  If they can't find it they will refund in full

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/most_customers_want_to_know.asp

Q4. If I don’t have the index reference number what will happen?
If you do not have the GRO index reference you may still apply online for any event which took place on or after 1st July 1837 to 6 months from the current date (for marriages this period is extended to 18 months) provided you have sufficient information to identify the entry. A 3 year search for the index reference will be carried out. You should supply the exact date of event if you have it. If you don't have the exact date, enter 01/01/YYYY and we will search the specified year and one year either side. If you do not provide an index reference number, your application will take up to 15 working days to process.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 February 16 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Certificates from GRO are £9.25 - where is £25 coming from?

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk