Author Topic: Michael Rielley, Bo'ness  (Read 1133 times)

Offline nazchk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Michael Rielley, Bo'ness
« on: Wednesday 09 December 15 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm trying to find out information on Michael Rielley aka Rielly, Reilly and Rielly. He was born in Bo'ness in 1821 or 1822, to parents Michael and Mary. Michael snr was born in Ireland and the 1841 census shows he has a wife, Mary, and two children, Michael, aged 3 years, and James, aged 3 months. I found a death cert for Michael jnr, who died aged 48, in cambusnethan in 1897. What i'd really like to know is when his parents died, and if they were still in Linlithgowshire. Mary's maiden name looks like Mulrane, but not sure, as the writing is hard to decipher. Its also possible Michael snr was married twice, as there is a Hugh Rielley who owns the lair in which Michael jnr is buried, but I cant find any connection between the two. Oh, and the 1871 and 1881 census show Michael snr still living in Bo'ness. If I could find out the year he died, I could contact the cemeteries person to find out where he is buried and possibly find more relations. Long shot but thought I'd ask. :)

Offline nazchk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
michael rielly
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, got the dates wrong. Michael Snr was born in ireland in 1821 or 1822. Michael jnr was born in Bo'ness in 1848 or 1849. This should clarify previous post.  :)

Topics merged.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Rielley, Bo'ness
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Naz,

Have you tried scotlandspeople website for a death?

If you use the "soundex" option for surname it will bring up variants.

Use a window from year last seen on census as he may have died close to census night so include that year up until an age of 100 to see what comes up.

Also, use the name beginning with "mich" as there are names such as Micheal/Niel as an example as opposed to Michael/Neil!!

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Rielley, Bo'ness
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 December 15 08:59 GMT (UK) »
For avoidance of duplication of effort see this earlier thread about the same family
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=542394.0 
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.