Author Topic: St Mary's Cathedral MIs  (Read 2816 times)

Offline kit54

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Mary's Cathedral MIs
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 December 15 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sinann and hallmark,

Thank you so much once again for your very kind replies.

Yes, John W Hunt is the one, and although I already had the info, I really am touched that you have taken the trouble to point it out to me and try so hard to help.
My quest now is to find out what happened to George (I suspect, like you, that he lived above the shop in Mary St). I've just gone through all those links that you have given me, but unfortunately have drawn a blank. I only hope that someday, something new is put on the the Limerick Archives site, that might help me.

Thanks again, you have been BRILLIANT!

Kindest regards,

Kit 

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 December 15 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Apart from email contact here..

http://limerick.anglican.org/parish_detail.php?group_id=11  just click on envelope.

There are fees for Searching registers..  http://ireland.anglican.org/information/64

....you might indeed have to wait for whenever/if ever.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline kit54

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 December 15 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi hallmark,

Once again thank you for that - I've already visited the rootsireland site and done a search for George's burial, without success, so I assume that if I paid St Mary's to do a search, then that would also be fruitless, so, at the moment, I'm not proceeding down that route - but it is something to think of in future. I'd just love to know what happened to him, but as you say, I'll probably never find out!

Thanks again for all your tremendous help, I really do appreciate all your (and the other Rootschatters) kindness,

Kit