Author Topic: Is there a burial entry for Alice KERSHAW in Dewsbury area, February/March 1871?  (Read 585 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Right,
Have been rather inspired by the fact that the "George Hood burial" at the top of these requests, has elicited between two and three hundred responses, and over twelve thousands looks...
So, here goes, just below I have requested details of the death of Alice KERSHAW, my 3-times-gt-grandmother, and have been very fortunate to receive some very generous and successful help.  She died on 25th February 1871 at the age of 69, having been living at "The Parsonage, Dewsbury" at the time.  I take this to be the St Mark's Parsonage, Kirklees, but my knowledge of the local area is nil, I'm afraid.
So, the question is, is there a burial entry for Alice KERSHAW in the Dewsbury area for February 1871, or might she have been interred a bit further afield, possibly in Hathersage, Derbyshire, where she was born.  Or might she have been brought back to London by her one surviving son who lived in Charterhouse Square?
Many thanks to whoever has a look on my behalf...
Keith

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a burial entry for Alice KERSHAW in Dewsbury area, February/March 1871?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 December 15 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Linked post here for background info and to prevent duplication of info

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=737406.msg5834458#msg5834458
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a burial entry for Alice KERSHAW in Dewsbury area, February/March 1871?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 December 15 08:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for doing that, Carole…
Keith

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 December 15 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Right,
Have been rather inspired by the fact that the "George Hood burial" at the top of these requests, has elicited between two and three hundred responses, and over twelve thousands looks...
So, here goes, just below I have requested details of the death of Alice KERSHAW, my 3-times-gt-grandmother, and have been very fortunate to receive some very generous and successful help.  She died on 25th February 1871 at the age of 69, having been living at "The Parsonage, Dewsbury" at the time.  I take this to be the St Mark's Parsonage, Kirklees, but my knowledge of the local area is nil, I'm afraid.
So, the question is, is there a burial entry for Alice KERSHAW in the Dewsbury area for February 1871, or might she have been interred a bit further afield, possibly in Hathersage, Derbyshire, where she was born.  Or might she have been brought back to London by her one surviving son who lived in Charterhouse Square?
Many thanks to whoever has a look on my behalf...
Keith

I would not go by the George Hood :( thread as a yardstick, we have found nothing as his burial place
 but you have on your link thread.  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth