Author Topic: Lambhill Cemetery  (Read 6046 times)

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lambhill Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 January 16 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Did you have any luck finding the grave you were looking for?

Anne  :)

Offline sss65

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 August 16 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone- yes thanks to everyone's help we did manage to find their grave which amazingly is still standing. And yes I did need wellies as it was torrential rain when we were there and we had to dodge the puddles!
Thanks all of you.

Offline alasdair_13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 December 19 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Here's a wee map I drew up some time ago when looking for all the CWGC burials in Lambhill.

I'll be Section I (as opposed to J), Lair 1306.

The 'Class', C in this case will refer to the row in which the lair is in but these days is pretty irrelevant as the existing stones are few and far between.

I've also attached a close-up aerial view to give you a better idea of the section.

Good Luck (and remember to wear your wellies as it'll be pretty mucky).

Anne  :)

Just been doing a quick dabble into my ancesty and via familysearch have discovered the lambhill lairs books and located one of my ancestors there (Marion Woodman): Section I, lair 1036. (I have another in section O that I managed to secure a CWGC headstone for a couple of years back). I get the impression tere are not many stones in section I - would this be because relatively poor people are buried there? or have they been removed? I'll aim to get there one of these days, but maybe when it's dryer!!