Author Topic: Frederick Nutt  (Read 362 times)

Offline C_W

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frederick Nutt
« on: Wednesday 23 December 15 07:06 GMT (UK) »
I have been trying to find a little more history of Frederick Nutts (Cook and Confectioner) and indeed see if by any chance there is a connection to my Nutt ancestry.
I have found references to his cook books that were printed around the 1800's. Indeed on Google I see there is an image of him that appeared in one of his books.
On FindMyPast & Ancestry there is a possible death in 1818 (in Soho, Middx) of a Frederick Nutt who was born around 1739, but I can find nothing of parents etc.
I mention the image, and I think I can see a likeness to my father and grandfather, also our family have also had a sweet tooth!
I wonder if anyone has any other ideas where I could look?
Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Nutt
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 09:53 GMT (UK) »

Have you looked for a Will?  If he left one there's a good chance of various family members being listed.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline C_W

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Nutt
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have searched National Archives for early wills and Ancestry, but found nothing I'm afraid.
Will keep looking.....
C_W