Author Topic: Owen jones in Dwyran  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Owen jones in Dwyran
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 December 15 23:17 GMT (UK) »
An ostler is someone who looks after horses

Informant [name]  means that the person named was the one who went to register the death

Offline Owen ap Anglesey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Owen Thomas
Apologies for the late response to your post on your G.G.Grandfather Owen Jones.
I'm am in possession of a collection of legal documents relating to Tyddyn Hwrdd in Dwyran covering the period 1882 to 1902. The papers belonged to my late Grandfather Robert Thomas Owen who seems to have either inherited or purchased Tyddyn Hwrdd in the early 1900's.
These papers are a mixture of Wills and Indentures (which I believe are loan aggreements).
These papers ramble on and on and far to lengthy to incorporate here but do include the fact that Owen Jones's father John Owen wrote his will on 14th August 1865 - this ties in with D

Offline Owen ap Anglesey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - having problems with my computer,
continue...
Owen Jones's father John Jones completed his will on 14th Aug 1865 (ties in with Dragon T's death recording). Beneficiaries being your Owen Jones and his brother Daniel Jones.
Also mentioned are Owen Jones and his wife Mary - Grandparents of your Owen Jones. This Owen Jones having died approximately 1844.
Unsure as to whether we have a family connection or that my Grandfather found these documents at Tyddyn Hwrdd when he moved in ?