Author Topic: What was Mary, wife of Richard Summers surname?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What was Mary, wife of Richard Summers surname?
« on: Sunday 27 December 15 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Richard Summers, son of Abraham Summers and Anne Bowen [1708 - 1796] born in Haverfordwest married Mary unknown possibly in Pembrokeshire and had at least one child, Anne born 1730 in Pembrokeshire. 

Mary died in 1768 in Bristol and Richard 1796 Chew Magna, Somerset.

I am searching for Mary's maiden name and hope for some assistance.

Westy

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: What was Mary, wife of Richard Summers surname?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 December 15 17:42 GMT (UK) »
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rq9FAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA23&dq=%22richard+summers%22+haverfordwest&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjeu9LXz_zJAhXFshQKHaRPCjAQ6AEIJzAA

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/DYFED/2013-12/1387788221
Hi Westy
the year of marriage is slightly out if the child Ann, was born in 1730; however, there is an old Rootsweb entry that is about a ' Griffiths Rees' but mentions a marriage in 1736 of his friend Richard Summers to Mary Hunter in Haverfordwest - see second link above and last but one paragraph. I appreciate there may be more than one Richard Summers from this area, so may not be the one you are searching for.

There is also a mention in a google book about the wife of George Bush, fringe and lace manufacturer of Bristol, being a sister of Mrs Summers (wife of Richard?)

Mar  :)

Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 December 15 05:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mar

Just wonderful for the leads.  Thanks heaps.

Anne may well not have been the only child as it appears there are missing registers otherwise I would be able to find the marriage.

I do know Anne was the only one alive when her father passed.

Thanks once again.

Westy

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 December 23 22:27 GMT (UK) »
One Richard Summers, along with Hugh Barlow had a joint interest in the construction of the Ship and Castle Inn in Haverfordwest 3 Feb 1756 
Deposit Box of Mrs. Owen Barlow of Lawrenny Hall  D-LLW/17.

I would like to know more of this Richard Summers as well.
Keith
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End