Author Topic: Harris Family - Barkingside, Essex  (Read 2476 times)

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harris Family - Barkingside, Essex
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 January 16 11:54 GMT (UK) »
James,
Its not an easy family to trace is it? My interest in Harris began with Lucy Harris, the daughter of Mark Harris and Elizabeth Honeybunn, who was born and baptized in 1842 in Navestock, which is a rural village close to Romford and Barking. Working back through three Navestock generations I got to Stapleford Tawney, Bloomfield and finally lost track in Boreham in the early 18th century; they were poor agricultural labourers who I assume moved to wherever the work was.

During my trawls through many of the parish records of Barking, Romford and numerous surrounding settlements while researching various other family branches, I have recorded the baptisms, marriages and burials of some 448 individual Harris family members, just in case I accidentally pick up the thread again. There are several mid 18th century Josephs among those from the Barking (not Barkingside) registers. If you are interested in those, or my entire list of Essex Harris family members, please PM me your email address and I'll send it to you (it's an MS Excel file).

Steve.

Offline Jamesharrislondonuk

• RootsChat Extra
  • All my research is free to see @ 'ivyonline.co.uk'
    • View Profile
Re: Harris Family - Barkingside, Essex
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Yep totally agree the Harris family is not an easy one to trace!

I'll pm you my details very kind of you to offer...and of course always ready to reciprocate with my spreadsheet of information too (although mine I think isn't as big)

I haven't got close to finishing transposing all my Harris research into ivyonline.co.uk yet - but that's where I put my research so that anyone can see it.

Once again thanks very much

Thanks

James
Trenwith, Harris, Chamberlain, Caldenhove, Hagger, Blackley, Ingram, Stringer, Laver, Orchard, Halverson (more to be added...)