Author Topic: Non Conformist registers.  (Read 2303 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: Non Conformist registers.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 December 15 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Could be a "batch" baptism too. I have seen this both with non-conformists and parish baptisms. Possibly the Meeting House was only set up around that time, and the families joining had all of their children baptised. Were there any other Willis baptisms in this period?

No, definitely not a batch baptism, as all the baptisms on the list are for different dates, except 2. From 1st Jan 1762 to 8th Aug 1763. 18 in all, and no 2 surnames alike.

I would post the list if I could do it, but I cannot see how to get it onto these pages.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 December 15 13:21 GMT (UK) »
I've just 'flicked' through the pages on The Genealogist.  This book starts at 1762 and the entries are exactly as you describe until 1787.  After that, the parents are named as you would expect.

In other words, the same format was used for 25 years.  There are no other WILLIS entries in the book.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 December 15 13:55 GMT (UK) »
A change of minister perhaps?
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline riholt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 June 16 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

I have a few non-conformist records. What I've found is the date given in some records is the birth date - not a baptism date. For example, my Holt's from Chinnor Independent have their birth dates listed. Some were later baptised in Chinnor (you found these) and the birth date given matches the date in the non-conformist records. I've usually found they give the names of the parents.

The Hannah Ball I posted about is probably a non-conformist but I have not found any records for her yet despite the help with possible family connections.

Richard