Author Topic: Existing Baguley/Bird families.  (Read 1720 times)

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Existing Baguley/Bird families.
« on: Thursday 31 December 15 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Morning all, I have only recently started my family research and I would love to hear from any existing Baguley/Bird families. I have uncovered records from Mountsorrel,Rothley and Loughborough and I live in Leicester. My father was Francis Joseph Baguley and my mum was Ruth Bird. I would love to find any existing cousins or relatives as we weren't a very close-knit family.
If anyone can help I would be grateful.
Paul Baguley 13 July 1946

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Existing Baguley/Bird families.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 January 16 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am
Danone
I am doing my mums side the cooper family markfield  village Leicestershire and NEwtown linford the baguley family married into the frost family from NEWtown linford they married into the Geary family who married into mums family I have the family info there is a website called frost and gilchrist and related families you can find out about them on there also there are books about bradgate park house one called breakfast at bradgate it tells all about the frost family working for LAdy Jane greys family as  well as stewards hey for her uncle sir Thomas grey ,which I have the work on with photos and drawings what are called plates .
Steve

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Steve, I am doing the Baguley family for my ex-husband and he will be thrilled with this info. I will follow this through and you never know you might be cousins!! What church was that,that you found the grave stone of "Cooper"?
Many thanks
Maggie

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 January 16 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maggie
I'm Steve

I sent you the baguley info can't remeber if was called St Mary church Hinckley as you go down the market on a Saturday towards the bottom there's a fruit and veg shop next to a building that has craft making stuff in the window turn the corner there and just round the corner and go up a side street you will cars coming down it ,they have a book shop inside the church and a cafe were you can eat any one will tell were the church is the head stones are out side the one I saw is right against some steps leading onto the drive way.the baguley family are related to mums side from Elizabeth cooper( geary ) born Stanton under bardon Leicestershire her father married a Alice frost Newtown linford were I live Elizabeth was born 1810 ,she married mums great grandfather Charles cooper ,he was born Barlestone 1800 but said he was born markfield village Stoney lane farm which belonged to the brooks family also related ,Charles son Abraham born 1840 Stoke heys farm ratby he married Mary Ann brooks .any way your side comes from the frost side of the family as alices father William frost worked for lady Jane greys family at bradgate park house it was his fathers side that married into your baguley side Williams father was Richard frost they were stewards which means they made sure that the cooks made the food and brought wine into the family there is a book called breakfast at bradgate which gives all information on what the grey family ate pheasant ,pargr alsorts Richards accounts are in it of what he was allowed to spend on pots and pans and things .there I is also a website on line called frost and Gilchrist and related families ,there is another which the family come from Rothley if I remeber the family that put it on is the Anthill family there are some relation to mums side they have the family tree on their website.
Steve

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 January 16 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Steve,
Many thanks for that info.I am going to see how my ex. fits into your family shortly. I'm battling with a brick wall at the moment on my "Tuckwood" family from Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire.....got back to 1779 and stopped. It is so frustrating when there are loads of info out there except the bit you want !!!
Have a good weekend
Regards
Maggie

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 January 16 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi maggi
I know. What you mean that's happend to me as well I started using my local library I have found the plastic cards with village births and death on them and marriages ,books all about the village with names in or with pictures in of houses and pubs were they would drink,I can't talk to my aunts because they have both passedaway don't give up if i had lived near you I would have helped you out with it any way have a nice weekend
Steve

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 January 16 09:23 GMT (UK) »
That is really kind of you.Steve,thank you.All my family came from Nottingham and as I live Skegness it's a bit of a trek to get there. I had what I think is a breakthrough this week-end. I went on the thread of my 3xgrt G'father's sister and I think I have progressed. All the info that I had all over the place came together as a jigsaw does,and it all made sense. Now all I have to do is find my 3xgrt G'mother but I have the area to go on.
Take care
Maggie

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 January 16 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon Maggie
I have been on the phillimores marriages website as I am a member I found this one for you
William lawader of markfield  married Elizabeth Baguley by lic 19th of May 1755
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 January 16 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maggie
We used to have a caravan on north shore some years ago I love skeggy what's the weather like at the moment .
I used to see shows at the empire on the sea front I know it's changed now also stayed at butlins and been to east gate market .used to stay at a guest house there down one of the side streets
Steve