Author Topic: Lewis Hughes / Mary Jones Llangollen  (Read 2629 times)

Offline bates

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis Hughes / Mary Jones Llangollen
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 December 15 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi and a happy new year from Wales.  I found the marriage of Lewis and Mary in Ruabon in 1863.  Lewis father was Thomas and Mary's was Edward.  I have attempted to attach a photo of the marriage cert.  Let me know if it doesn't work.
Mike

Fabulous Mike. Thank you so very much. Lewis was a Lawyer? It also has a Mary ann Hughes as a Witness. Maybe she is a sister?
bates (marsworth and drayton parslow) campbell (derrylard and loughgall) connell (paisley) cunningham (west lothian) macauley (liverpool, accrington and bacup) templeman (somerset)

Offline bates

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 December 15 21:32 GMT (UK) »
1881 - Plasey St, Llanycil, Bala

Lewis Hughes    37 - gardener
Mary Hughes    41
Edward Hughes    13
Thomas R. Hughes    11
John O. Hughes    9 - b Dolgelly
Lewis Hughes    6 - b Dolgelly
William Hughes    3 - b Dolgelly

RG11, 5542, 61, 5,

Thank you for all of your help Mabel! So much to look through. I need to spend some time today looking for the parents Thomas and Elizabeth.
Best wishes for 2016. Many thanks!
bates (marsworth and drayton parslow) campbell (derrylard and loughgall) connell (paisley) cunningham (west lothian) macauley (liverpool, accrington and bacup) templeman (somerset)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 December 15 23:26 GMT (UK) »
To clarify - on the marriage certificate Lewis is a Sawyer. His address appears to be Brynyr Owen (also spelled Bryn yr Owen or Brynyrowen - site of a colliery)

1901 - near iron Birdge, pwllgwaun (part of Pontypridd)

Lewis Hughes    52 - b Llangollen (transcribe by Ancestry as Llangoelen)  gardener
Mary Hughes    58
Lewis Hughes    22 - b Dolgelly, hewer of coal below
William L Hughes    20 - b Dolgelly, draper's traveller

RG13, 5010, 123, 68

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 January 16 12:09 GMT (UK) »
My apologies for being late in responding but I've been without wifi.The 163 marriage was not at Ruabon but in the neighbouring Parish of Rhosymedre.The Rhosymedre Parish(Marriages) Booklet which I have states that the marriage took place on 288/11/1863.Lewis residing at Bryn-yr-Owen and aged 23 and Mary being 26 and of the Llangollen Parish.Father's are as have been stated on here.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk