Author Topic: Campbell family in Freuchie 1918  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Eileen Castle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Campbell family in Freuchie 1918
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Will do Annie. I also notice that Andrew, David's father, married again in 1910 so either Annie died (death is marked as unknown ) or they divorced?

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Barbara Wood Campbell is with her aunt and uncle in the 1901 census 5,Victoria Bdgs Leadside Road Rosemount Aberdeen James Wood and Jeannie S Wood ...I would say this is her mother Annie's sister she was born about 1864 Banffshire

6/6/1908 departure from U K to New York Jeannie Wood and her niece Barbara Campbell

October 1909 departure from New York Jeannie Wood Barbara Campbell ( deported insanity & dependant )
I would look for a death for the mother Annie Campbell ( Innes )
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 16:15 GMT (UK) »
I would say this is David's mother in the 1891 census address 86.Glebe Street St Rollex Glasgow age 20 birth year about 1871 Cullen Banffshire occupation glass etcher with her mother Jane Innes
St Rollex was where she was when she married and son David was born
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Noticed there was a Elizabeth Campbell age 12 born about 1889 Cadder Lanarkshire with a Agnes Campbell age 35 but this Agnes was born Stirling ...Noticed the address which was 277.Parliamentry Road St Rollex Glasgow ...A tree has Barbara Born at Parliamentary road might just be coincidence

You might be better to get the 1901 census for Andrew Campbell on Scotlands People to see if it says he  is a widower ..The one I can see on ancestry just has him as boarder with William Smith
Andrew Campbell born about 1862 Kingskettle Fifeshire age 38 occupation brewer's drayman  257,Kennedy Street St Rollox Glasgow

Offline Eileen Castle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 12:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm making more progress thanks to all of you and one of Barbara Wood Campbell's relatives. I have found that David's father Andrew was a widower and married Joan Gibson, a spinster 20 years his junior in July 1910 and that they were living at 2 Stanley Place Edinburgh in the 1911 census.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Eileen,

Who was in the household on 1911 & what info. did it give?

I had a look on SP........seems Annie died late in life?

1   1987   CAMPBELL   ANNIE   Not Permissible   MCDOWELL INNES   F   89   LEITH   EDINBURGH CITY/EDINBURGH   732/00 0257   No Image   

May be worth ordering the cert. through SP as it does look as though they divorced ^ both remarried?........

Or you could look for the marriage which would give her info. which would be different from her death cert. as that info. would be given by someone else & not as reliable.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Only marriage I could find at the moment.....NOT Annie!!!

1   1919   MCDOWALL   JAMES CHAPMAN   INNES   ANNIE VANBEICK   PORTOBELLO   EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN   685/07 0060

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 13:40 GMT (UK) »
EDIT.........Could be Annie?

Can be viewed online!!!

1   1926   INNES   ANN       CAMPBELL   F   100   ECHT   /ABERDEEN   191/00 0002

Annie

EDIT.....NO....too old!!! UNLESS the age is a transcription error.....not impossible?

I wonder if she emigrated?

Offline Eileen Castle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie
Andrew's marriage certificate to Joan Gibson in 1910 has him down as a widower living at Stanley Place in Edinburgh and that's where he is living with Joan, David and Barbara on the 1911 census. Barbara's granddaughter thinks he and Joan had a daughter Elizabeth and possibly a son too, but they would be very young when David died.
Eileen