Author Topic: HICKFORD or HECKFORDs of Little Brickell and Bow Brickell Bucks  (Read 1123 times)

Offline richardcompton11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HICKFORD or HECKFORDs of Little Brickell and Bow Brickell Bucks
« on: Saturday 02 January 16 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Does anyone have access to the PR for these areas as I am trying to unravel my HICKFORD's and HECKFORD.

Happy new year

Jenny Compton

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: HICKFORD or HECKFORDs of Little Brickell and Bow Brickell Bucks
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 January 16 17:10 GMT (UK) »
BucksFHS have baptism, marriage, burial databases for Bucks.  But they have not published Brickhill, or Bow Brickhill as yet, to paper form or CD.

They do have a search facility of their databases for a small fee.

http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/index.php/database-searches

'Little Brickhill, Great Brickhill, Brickhill with a Bow These three Brickhills  'stand all in a row.' As this old rhyme explains, our village straddles a steep hillside and sprawls along three lower roads. At the eastern end, All Saints Church dominates the top of the hill. A mile away.'

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Darnity

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HICKFORD or HECKFORDs of Little Brickell and Bow Brickell Bucks
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 January 16 17:38 GMT (UK) »

Does anyone have access to the PR for these areas as I am trying to unravel my HICKFORD's and HECKFORD.

Many years ago Bletchley Archaeological and Historical Society transcribed the PRs for Bow, Great and Little Brickhill and printed and sold the transcriptions.

At Bow Brickhill burials: Anna 1852 George 1857 Isaiah 1873 Mary 1872 Susannah 1855 Percy 1892 marriages: Ann 1864 John 1823 Samuel 1866
baptisms: Fanny 1867 Percy 1892 Susannah 1864

At Little Brickhill there are 26 baptisms, 19 burials and these marriages: Ann 1822 Frances 1644 James 1838 James 1862 John 1621 John 1648 John 1799 Thomas 1874 William 1738 William 1858

Gypsy DRAPERs, children of Billy and Mary - Ellen,Darnity,Spencer,Billy Jnr,Kisby,Ellick
Descendants of Fred and Esther (Garrett) WHITLOCK - Wavendon, Woburn Sands area
Descendants of George and Barbara (Willis) SUTTON - Earls Barton and Nether Heyford
BISSELL - Hanslope, New Bradwell, Bucks and Aston, Birmingham area
Lavinia DRAPER died 1840 Cranfield
Gypsies in the Bow Brickhill and Beds/Bucks border areas