Author Topic: Owen Wilson Lyddington born 1873  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Jayrean13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Owen Wilson Lyddington born 1873
« on: Tuesday 05 January 16 12:39 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the where abouts of my paternal grandfather in the 1901 census. He was born to George and Emma Wilson registration in Wilbarston. Lived with parents 1881 census, but is elusive on the 1891 and 1901 census. He had two brothers both born in Lyddington Arthur George in 1882 and Henry William in 1887. He married Maud Barrow in Lambeth in 1902, had a daughter Maud Emma in 1905 moved to Walthamstow/Leyton by 1908 when his son George Owen was born, then later another son (my father) in 1911. But his where abouts in 1901 appears to be a mystery. In the 1891 census I have found a Owen Wilson who was a servant, therefore no family information on census, and cannot confirm this. If any one has any connection to my grandfather or can find a census that could be him I would be very obliged as I feel I am hitting a brick wall with this research.
Many thanks in advance,

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Wilson Lyddington born 1873
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to Rootschat.  :)

The Owen Wilson shown on 1891 census does give his birthplace as Liddington, Rutland so could be "your" man.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Wilson Lyddington born 1873
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 14:43 GMT (UK) »
The marriage  in 1902 to Maud Barrow is for George Owen Wilson, a stoker, father George Wilson an engineer.

So perhaps his actual name was George Owen Wilson, or at least he was using that name at this time.

He has the fascinating address on his marriage cert as 1 and a half Coin Street!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk