Author Topic: Additional Original Northamptonshire Parish Registers on Ancestry  (Read 6283 times)

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Additional Original Northamptonshire Parish Registers on Ancestry
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 14 January 16 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Found one error in my tree
Tracing back I was looking for a marriage.

I found one in 1676 in Great Weldon.
Went to look at the records by browsing in Ancestry - They have Weldon
Is shows no PRs that old

However do a search on Ancestry and it shows as Welton

There's a lot of difference
The family was from Benefield so Great Weldon would be very close

Welton is across the far side of the county
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 14 January 16 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Further to this - I checked the front page of the concerned volume and it has a modern (archive) label saying Weldon

I have reported to ancestry that this is wrongly indexed and wrongly pointed to in the browsing

Will check the other volume
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 22 January 16 11:55 GMT (UK) »
I've been able to see the Weston Flavell records on Ancestry Northants parish register & (thanks to Seahall who kindly gave me the date & parish to search!) have found the marriage between Rachel Linnell & Joseph Bugby (August1831).  For the life of me I can't make out the name of the first witness - please could anyone help?  Rachel Linell has been a mystery for years now & I have the (faint) hope that the name might offer a clue

Thanks
Maggott

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 22 January 16 12:01 GMT (UK) »
It looks, to me, like Holmes Timson, but I see that he witnesses the marriage above and three on the next page, so maybe he was a Church Warden or similar, rather than a relative?

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 23 January 16 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that, STG.

Another bright idea hits the dust if he was  was the parish clerk...  Rats!

Cheers,
Maggott

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 24 January 16 13:07 GMT (UK) »
There's a baptism (on FS) for a Rachel Linnell, d/o William and Sarah on 18 Aug 1802 in Henlow, Beds; and I see from the 1861 census that Rachel (now Mrs Bugby), and living in Raunds says she's from Henlow, Beds ....

Does that help?

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 24 January 16 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again - I've got that baptism,but that's where I run out of steam.  Masses of William Linnells, but none with a Sarah in Bedfordshire that I can trace.  The couple are a mystery - any ideas?
 I'd thought vaguely, that if Rachel married in Weston Flavell, it might be her family home,but I've no hard evidence for that at all.  William & Sarah are unremarkable names too, which doesn't help & Linnells are two a penny in Northants, as you will know.   So a real poser-any help received with gratitude.
Best Maggott

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 22 September 17 01:47 BST (UK) »
Roade parish registers are missing from 1725-1812, the BTs are on there but as I've already been through the PRs looks like I shall have to wait and hope they get uploaded at a later date. :-\

In case anyone is interested, the missing Roade 1725-1812 register has been incorrectly uploaded as Marholm.  The Marholm PRs for that period are on there but Roade's "missing" register is included under the list of those available for Marholm.  I've checked against this register some entries I know are for Roade, which confirms this.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day