Author Topic: James Hogg (c1811 - c1844) & Ann Hogg (m/s Robinson) c1818 - c1887) Gateshead  (Read 10308 times)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: James Hogg (c1811 - c1844) & Ann Hogg (m/s Robinson) c1818 - c1887) Gateshead
« Reply #108 on: Monday 25 January 16 18:44 GMT (UK) »
You should be able to see them now.

The issue was caused by the fact that on on the "Lookup Request" boards attachments are turned off.

I've moved the post to the "Durham" board, so you should be able to see them now.

Sorry for the bother :)

Trystan

You don't have to apologise, Trystan. My fault, forgot to check on the type of board I was on. Thanks for moving  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: James Hogg (c1811 - c1844) & Ann Hogg (m/s Robinson) c1818 - c1887) Gateshead
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 14:21 BST (UK) »
Monica,

Back on this thread checking over some things as I had invested in the Wills & a couple of marriages etc. & checking where I'm at with all the info. on here to see what's still 'pending'  ;)

My sincere apologies to you, I hadn't thanked you for your trouble in obtaining the MI's!!

I downloaded them & thank you very much, it's much appreciated indeed as I'm sure you know?
Feeling rather guilty  :-[

I don't know how that happened, probably with the toing & froing at the time  ???

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 14:57 BST (UK) »
You shouldn't feel bad, Annie  :) Hope they help at any time!

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 05 November 17 07:21 GMT (UK) »
Hmm...Well...I'm very interested in this find!!!

Back on this trail & curiously I've come across something which had evaded me previously in searches somehow  :-\

http://www.burness.ca/p508.htm#i5073

I know not all baptisms were recorded etc. but...

"James Hogg is estimated to have been born circa 1812"  :o

Seems a very big coincidence as MY James Hogg was b 1812 (confirmed) with the help of some of RCs best sleuths (Thank you)!!!  ;D...(Yet to find his death) but maybe this is him with someone else (meanwhile) & although his wife Ann states she's a widow in 1851, it may have been a cover-up if he was 'playing away'  :-\

Just marking this & holding the link I found until I check it out (with fingers crossed)  ;D

"Child of James Hogg and Isabella Burness
Elizabeth Hogg1,2 b. 20 Feb 1842, d. 18 Apr 1907"

Citations
1. OPR Garvock.
2. Death Registration, General Register Office for Scotland

Elizabeth would have been born after my 2 x g g/f David Morris Hogg who was b c1840 in Fetteresso but father James was b Garvock  ???

Interestingly, James had 2 sons with wife Ann, 1st son named John which was James' father's name & by coincidence, ELIZABETH was his mother's name  :-\

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Sunday 05 November 17 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Ohh Well... ::)

I have downloaded that baptism for Elizabeth & I can't make any sense of it i.e. I will need to ask SP for a better image although meanwhile (when I get time) I will post on the 'Deciphering' board as I'm so curious now  :P

Annie