Author Topic: William Gordon and Elizabeth Middleton  (Read 436 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Gordon and Elizabeth Middleton
« on: Saturday 09 January 16 12:39 GMT (UK) »
 Looking to find any other info going back for William and Elizabeth ,they were married 4th December 1830 at Saint Nicholas Blotter and Scroll ,Aberdeen. I have them in Glasgow in 1851 census on Clyde St Glasgow with birthplace Aberdeen for them all,but have since found kids David (Perth) ,Margaret (Glasgow) and Basil(Glasgow) By  1852 Elizabeth has remarried a George Hogg and living in the same street.Williams occupation is Master Seaman and have his Seamates records which show he was born Peterhead 14 October , County of Aberdeen ,settled in Glasgow 1840,ish . Elizabeth's father on her death cert 1858 is James Middleton. Basically I have done all research on the descendants and looking for any help to go that one step back further.I know Gordon is a common name there but is Middleton ?,cheers Raymie.
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Gordon and Elizabeth Middleton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 January 16 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Middleton is fairly common.  1800-1815 there were 97 births recorded in Aberdeen none a Elizabeth of a James but there is a Elizabeth of a David in 1804.  In fact there is no Elizabeth of a James in all of Scotland during this period so her birth name may have been something else or the family was not a member of the C of S and perhaps born outside of the county.

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.