Author Topic: Andrew GOWANLOCK and Jennat SMAIL  (Read 777 times)

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andrew GOWANLOCK and Jennat SMAIL
« on: Sunday 10 January 16 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Does anyone know of this couple who were married at Selkirk about 1699. They were both born about 1680 at Selkirk and had, as far as I know 5 children. 1]. John born circa 1701. 2]. William born circa 1703 and baptised 7 February 1703. 3]. Margaret born circa 1705, and baptised 2 April 1705. 4]. James born circa 1707 and baptised 2 February 1707. 5]. Isabel born circa 1710 and baptised 26 March 1710. All children were born and /or baptised at Selkirk.
Both John and Margaret got married and had children.
Jennat SMAIL's parents were George SMAIL and Mary WIGHTMAN, but have no further information about them.
I am looking for Andrew GOWANLOCK's parents.
Any help?
Kind regards,
Margaret

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew GOWANLOCK and Jennat SMAIL
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 January 16 20:08 GMT (UK) »
MARGARET103  I AM FROM SELKIRK AND HAVE RECORDED ALL THE LOCAL CEMETERIES OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS.THE TROUBLE IS GOUINLOCK OR GOVANLOCK OR GOVENLOCK OR GOWANLOCK.
ANYWAY I DID SOME RESEARCH A FEW YEARS AGO AND HAVE COPY OPR RECORD INDEXES FOR SELKIRK AND ROXBURGHSHIRE .THEY SHOW MARGARAET JOHN JAMES AND ISABELL AS GOVENLOCK AND WILLIAM AS GOWENLOCK C 7-2-1703 SELKIRK.I HAVE 1841 AND 1851 COPY CENSUS RECORDS AS WELL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE THEM SEND ME A PM AND I WILL POST THEM.
I DONT SEE ANDREW OR JENNET IN OUR OLD CEMETERY OR AT ASHKIRK WHERE THERE IS A FEW FAMILIES. 
ALAN
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew GOWANLOCK and Jennat SMAIL
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 January 16 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Alan,
Thanks for the info, but I have the OPR Baptisms for the five children. I don't think that they would be on the 1841 or 1851 census as they would have been about 140 years old on the 1841 census!
But thanks anyway.
Kind regards,
Margaret