Author Topic: Marriage of Ada Eliza Wane  (Read 600 times)

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
  • My family tree is full of nuts
    • View Profile
Marriage of Ada Eliza Wane
« on: Saturday 16 January 16 18:17 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping someone will be able to check the marriage of Ada Eliza Wane to Richard James Singer which took place at Deptford, Kent on 16 Sept 1891.  I found a transcription on FindMyPast but I need to know the names of the fathers and witnesses.

Irene
Main, Rossiter, - Northumberland<br />Wibberley, Walwyn, Cadman, - Staffordshire<br />Saiger, Blackburn  - County Durham<br />

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Ada Eliza Wane
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 January 16 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene,

Can't help with details from Richard/Ada's marriage, however this would appear to be Richard's baptism which show his father as Richard -

Richard James Singer
Birth Date - 5 Mar 1868
Baptism Date - 8 Nov 1868
Baptism Place - Holy Trinity Gough Square,London,
Father - Richard Singer
Mother - Ellen

JJ

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 January 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I have the Singer family, I really need to check on Ada Eliza Wane.
Main, Rossiter, - Northumberland<br />Wibberley, Walwyn, Cadman, - Staffordshire<br />Saiger, Blackburn  - County Durham<br />

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 January 16 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Only the banns are available online which show Ada Eliza Wane was of the parish of Dagenham, Essex.

Ada Eliza Wane was baptised 30/3/1873 Dagenham, dau. of Benjamin and Sarah.

For some reason Benjamin bc.1830 Dagenham and Sarah bc.1832 Dagenham don't appear on the 1881 census but a William and Mary (same ages) do.   Don't know if they were 'miffed' about having to take part in the census for some reason so gave wrong names and 'N.K.' i.e. not known for birthplaces for themselves when on all other census they are shown to be born Dagenham (no trace of this William/Mary on any other census so can only think they were trying to make some kind of point).

Ada and older brother William are with them in 1891 and said older brother with them in 1871 - just 1881 that's the peculiar anomaly!

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 January 16 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I saw that which is why I want to check the father's name.  It looks as if I will have to buy a certificate.

Thank you though

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 January 16 20:34 GMT (UK) »
The other thing that concerned me about the census returns was the way Ada's age changed, she is 7 in 1881 which matches the birth date of 1873, but in 1891 she is 20, in 1901 she is 30 and in 1911 she is 40 which is why I have doubts about her.

I was hoping someone would be able to check a Parish register just to be sure I was on the right track.

Offline redtonyt

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 January 16 08:37 GMT (UK) »
The marriage almost certainly took place in Dagenham as it was registered in Romford District Essex, 4a/491 Sept Quarter.

Regards,
Tony