Author Topic: Jane Kilroy & family, abt 1846, Co.Cavan. Kathleen Stratford/Hunter.b.1887,  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Kilroy & family, abt 1846, Co.Cavan. Kathleen Stratford/Hunter.b.1887,
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 17:40 GMT (UK) »
The Stratford family were Church of Ireland and from the 1911 census Jane Kilroy was also Church of Ireland along with husband Thomas Stratford and their family. I haven't been able to trace her birth certificate though and don't know where she was born or if she had brothers/sisters though i now know her parents were called John and Catherine thanks to mylucks! help, any way you are able to help with this and Kathleen Hunter/Stratford would be great, many thanks, carole

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 19:30 GMT (UK) »
(The only extra information I know from my family is that my Gt Grandmother Jane spent some time at an institution due to ill health, this was not discussed by my Grandmother but I think is accurate, if you are also able to throw any light on this or her death details that would be great and  thanks again for your help)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 January 16 11:31 GMT (UK) »
(The only extra information I know from my family is that my Gt Grandmother Jane spent some time at an institution due to ill health, this was not discussed by my Grandmother but I think is accurate, if you are also able to throw any light on this or her death details that would be great and  thanks again for your help)

Her death certificate would give cause and place of death which might shed some light on the above.

There's a Jane Elizabeth Stratford, age 52 so born c1860, death April/June 1912 Cavan district
   https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FRJT-CQ9
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 January 16 15:39 GMT (UK) »
For clarity what’s known and proven to date

Marriage Record of Thomas STRATFORD & Jane KILROY in 1883

Jane's parents were John KILROY and Catherine ?
Thomas' parents were Mark STRATFORD and Martha Anne FERGUSON

1901 census: Jane at 22 in Drumgore (Loughdavin, Cavan) with C. Mary and Julia C.
1901 Census: Thomas at 8 in Spencer Street (North Dock, Dublin) with Thomasina, Katherine Jane, Thomas and Mark

1911 census: family at 16 in Drumgore (Loughdawan, Cavan)
1911 census: Mark in RIC in Co. Down (age out a little)
no sign of Cherry

This may well have been the same house as numbering was based on where the enumerator started not a specific house number as we know today

Children:

1884 Thomasina; LINK Birth record
1887 Katherine Jane; LINK Birth record
1888 Cherry; LINK Birth record
1892 Julia Sidney; b. Aug 14 1892 LINK Birth record; bap. Jun 26 1899 CoI North Strand Link to baptism
1895 Thomas William; b. Sep 26 1895; bap. May 06 1896 CoI North Strand
Link to baptism
C1896 Mark
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 January 16 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you myluck and aghadowey for your information and help.
 The 1911 family census at 16 Drumgore definitely seems correct for all the family mbs (minus Cherry and Mark, latter in the RIC in Down). I had Mark as being born 1892 Dublin,rather than 1896 (think he was b before his younger brother Thomas William who was b 1895, Dublin.(There is a source from Granard with Thomas b. 1892, but think it might be a different person, as am pretty certain he was born Dublin, though am unable to find the source)
Though the 1901 Dublin census for Thomas and 4 children is correct, the 1901 census at 22 Drumgore for Jane and the younger 2 girls confuses me, as though I have seen this census before, in it she is aged  40 years old which would not tally with her age in the 1911 census where she is aged 65. I have wondered if this is a different Jane Stratford or if her age had been incorrectly given? I had 1846 as Janes birth date based on the 1911 family census.
Thank you for the birth dates, I also had Thomasina Mary  b.1884, Katherine/Kathleen Jane b. 1887, Cherry b, 1888, Julia Sidney b.1892, Thomas William b.1895, but Mark b. 1892, not 1896. If you are able to find his birth date that would be great.
There were many Thomas and Marks Stratfords in the Co.Cavan area, interlinked through marriage. Abt my Greatgrandfather Thomas Stratford who married Jane Kilroy, his father was Mark Stratford a farmer born 1801-1869 Kilgola, Cavan, and his wife(Thomas's mother) was actually Thomasina Ferguson, b.1826 Malyheahy (one of Martha Annes sisters). The Mark Stratford who married Martha Anne was therefore  a cousin of Mark, not my direct ancestor). They were related as my Gt Gt Grandfathers father, also called Mark Stratford b. 1778 had a brother called William Stratford b.1779. Williams son was the Mark Stratford who married Martha Anne Ferguson!  Took ages to find this out!
 If you can help with any information abt Janes family mbs, her birth/death details(as I think the Jane Elizabeth Stratford who d. aged 52 in 1912 may not be the correct Jane, as she would have been b. 1860, not 1845 if based on the 1911 family census, which seems correct.) and if you are also able to find anything abt Kathleen Hunter born Katherine Jane Stratford 1887 Dublin,who married John Thomas Hunter, ( farmer/former policeman) in Granard 1915, or both of them I'd be really pleased. They bought a farm mid 1920s somewhere near the Cavan area, had 3 children, but Kathleen died young,late 1920s possibly.
 Thanks again for your help with this,carole

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 January 16 23:54 GMT (UK) »
After the introduction of the Old Age Pension (c1908) many peopl aged more than 10 years between the 1901 and 1911 census  ;)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 22 January 16 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you myluck! for Kathleens birth and possible death certificates.

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 22 January 16 12:05 GMT (UK) »
sorry, meant her marriage Certificate