Author Topic: My Grandfather N G GREEN, - 1918 VIC  (Read 7730 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
My Grandfather N G GREEN, - 1918 VIC
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 January 16 03:40 GMT (UK) »
Pleasure to help   :)
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
My Grandfather N G GREEN, - 1918 VIC
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 January 16 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Possible birth:
N Hugh Geo GREEN b. 1918 RMOND #6376
Father: Wm Hy Talbot GREEN
Mother: Ella Norman DAVIE

Deaths for parents of the above:
Ella Norman GREEN 29yrs d. 1923 CARLTON #4766
Father: Wm DAVIE
Mother: Sarah PIKE

Wm Hy Talbot GREEN 74yrs d. 1951 NEWPORT #14561
Father: Wm Henry GREEN
Mother: Emily TALBOT

Ella is buried at Fawkner Memorial Park:
http://www.gmct.com.au/deceased-search.aspx

William is buried at Springvale Botanical Cemetery:
https://smct.org.au/deceasedsearch/

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: My Grandfather N G GREEN, - 1918 VIC
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 January 16 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello sjgreen, Welcome to RootsChat :)

I have just edited your post a little as there is a strong possibility that your Grandfather is still very much alive, how exciting. !!!

We do not publish details of living folk as very often they are security questions so we tend to use 100 years as a benchmark unless we do find that they are still alive.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 January 16 13:28 GMT (UK) »

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php
Notice of a funeral for a man with these names - maybe the same person born 1918 mentioned in reply #10
N*****  G***** Hughe GREEN late of Ashmore Caravan Park, Ashmore QLD.

Essie

Offline sjgreen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Searching for NG Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 January 16 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ~MERLIN~ and Essie for these details :)

Hi Sarah, Thank you for updating my post details :)
Green, Kingston, Kelly, Davie, Tringrove, Swifte, Pike, Shipley, Bower, Woolley, McGaugran, Bell, Semple, Walker, Slide, Whitton, Harwood, Newall

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi sjgreen,
   I sent you a personal message with a link to the photos of the divorce.  Not too much there I'm afraid ....  quite sparse  :(

Click on "My Messages"  in the brown border at the top of the page to view personal messages.

regards
  Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline sjgreen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Searching for NG Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi rosball,

Thank you so much for these photos! Really appreciate your help :)
Green, Kingston, Kelly, Davie, Tringrove, Swifte, Pike, Shipley, Bower, Woolley, McGaugran, Bell, Semple, Walker, Slide, Whitton, Harwood, Newall

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 10:22 GMT (UK) »
I'm so glad they were helpful  :) :)

regards
   Ros

Offline sjgreen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Searching for NG Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 14 February 16 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone, just wanted to give an update on my research.

~MERLIN~ - your information is correct!

I have confirmed that the Norman George Green that passed away in 1991 in QLD is infact my grandfather who got remarried to Elvie Joan (I haven't been able to figure out her maiden name as yet). I have spoken with a David Green, whom I had hoped was the man mentioned in Norman's funeral notice, however he is of no relation but did know him! Norman and Elvie leased several properties in VIC prior to moving to QLD from David Green. David later lost contact with the pair but said he has fond memories of them and they had a drink from time to time and a bit of a laugh. He has confirmed that the man in this photo is my grandfather.

I have discovered that my grandfather had a younger brother - John Henry Green also known as "Jack". The pair severed in the army and I placed them together as they both have their father's name on their army enlistment documents. John's army number is: VX502067. This finding also lead me to find that my grandfather was married prior to marrying my grandmother, to a lady called Violet Lillian (Swifte). I have been unable to trace her after 1943 when she was living with Norman. I can't figure out if she passed away or remarried herself. I am now curious as to whether they had children. Norman's previous army number is: V43600. After the Tasmanian number I have for him he is given another number: T/P30773.

I am hoping to now locate relatives. I have tried to find the "David" mentioned in the funeral notice of Norman but haven't had any luck there. I believe that Norman's brother John had a family as I have found someones family tree on ancestry that seems to match up to mine, however they have not been logged into their account for several years. I have found a funeral notice for a John Henry "Jack" Green from 2010, he was living in a nursing home in Echuca VIC. Does anybody have any tips on locating relatives? I have contacted the Ashmore Caravan Park where my grandfather was living but they are saying they can't give me any information due to privacy laws.