Author Topic: Whitney on Wye  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Biffothebear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whitney on Wye
« on: Monday 18 January 16 10:55 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone is or has researched any Jones families of Whitney on Wye  about 1790!
  I am looking for the baptism of Charlotte Jones--according to 1861 Census at Burford,  Shropshire, she was born "Witney", Herefordshire--age 70,-- indicates a birth year of 1791.
  No baptism at Whitney  or surrounding villages. Age at death in 1870--81yrs, Tenbury, Worc.--birth 1789!
   Charlotte married Edward Yapp of Diddlebury, Shropshire, 1816 at Burford.  This was an Agriculture family so obviously travelled for work---could have been baptised anywhere---or perhaps never!  A few Charlotte Jones' on Family Search--but not this one!
On 1851 Census--Burford--she is recorded  as "Elizabeth" Yapp, widow, age 62 (Edward died 1846)  birth 1789!

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney on Wye
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 March 16 16:08 BST (UK) »
If you look up Jones on Familysearch for Whitney Herefordshire, at about the right time, you will only find one couple, Thomas and Ann Jones.  The next village to Whitney is Brilley, some of these children give Whitney and others Brilley as place of birth.  Maybe your family maybe not!
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline Biffothebear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney on Wye
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 April 16 21:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you Skylark,  apologies for delay answering.  Have checked all the Jones entries--regularly--hoping for additions--There are 3 possibles, but I have no other info to add to Charlottes origins--no sibling names--if there were any.
Think she's one who I'm going to find by chance probably.