Author Topic: Death Duty Registers  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Duty Registers
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 August 17 09:54 BST (UK) »
Just Received the record for Frances Whitehead, her Son James Whitehead, son in law John Barber and a 3rd person John Berg, an engraver, found him at same address as on the Death Duty Register.
But there seems to be absolutely no family connection to Frances Whitehead, I thought another son in law, then found his marriage, so thought grand child, then found his birth.
I would have thought that if he was on there he would have been a blood relative or in law?

He could have been a more distant relative, friend, neighbour, creditor, etc.

What does the will say about him?

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
There was no will and the residue was only about 5 pounds, He was an engraver, as was James Whitehead's son George James Whitehead, as per the latter's passenger record to New Zealand.
He is going to bug me.
Thanks Colin

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 05:33 BST (UK) »
As an aside when my grandmother died she was a widow and the executors of her will were the husband of her grandmothers niece and her grandmothers great niece (another line).  It took me a long time to work out who they were as she had one sister and three brothers still alive.  On her husbands side there was a brother and sister still alive and numerous nieces and nephews.   Will never know why she chose them.  My mother was only sixteen at the time so she couldn't be named. 
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531