Author Topic: masters family in australia  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: masters family in australia
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 03:36 GMT (UK) »
Is you father likely to be alive could you estimate his birth year and do you know what year your mother was born? Do you have any brothers or sisters from the same father?

Neil

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline aussiemasters

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 18:17 GMT (UK) »
this could be him as the last i herd of my father he was in a salvation army hostel in Sydney NSW i will look into this hopefully some around that aria may have knowledge of him thanks

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Could you please let us know the answer to some of the questions please. Like your fathers likely age any other marriages he may have been in.

There is some doubt that the fellow from Wollongong area is your likely parent, so we may have been on the wrong track. You said that your father had a step father from possibly Czechoslovakia? If so then the fellow from Wollongong is NOT the right one.

Neil ;)
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Here is the link to RootsChat thread about "How To" and in the paragraphs is the following message which I have always understood was a message to us regular RChatters responding to requests on the Australia Board.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368728.0

RootsChat - Our Policy on Living Persons.

Here on RootsChat we are very concerned that the privacy and security of the living is protected. For this reason we do not allow searches for living persons. Although we fully understand you would like recent information to add to your tree, or that you may wish to make contact with birth families, relatives you lost contact with when they immigrated to Australia, missing family or friends, we are afraid we are unable to assist you.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you but we are sure you will appreciate the reasons for this.

Please See:- http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

and

If you are looking for living descendants, that is fine provided you do not provide details of these living persons. If you are providing details of someone we are likely to suspect may still be living, but you know is deceased, please state this.

Although we are keen to help you make connections, there are times, however, when other community networks will be able to do more and this is especially so in the case of people searching for their birth parents/missing people. We suggest using Google Search will lead such searchers in the right direction.

We are sorry we are unable to help you with any searches for the living but may we wish you every success in your hunt

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brett,

Have you thought of trying to contact the Salvation Army, They may have a record of him being there which may include an age or date of birth.

Regards

Sarah

PS I have just edited you post as I am hoping that you Dad is very much alive and well.
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aussiemasters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 January 16 08:43 GMT (UK) »
my father would be in his late 70,s early 80.s i know nothing of my fathers family at all and from what i know the name j V masters could be V j or soem derivative like V. he was an alcoholic and was at one time in aa for alcoholics in south Australia and new south wales. from what my mother side to me there is a very good chance he is dead now.

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 22 January 16 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Not sure I can help you, but the surname Masters does give me a link.
Samuel Masters born in Ireland 1820, came to Melbourne and married Marion Jenkins there 1857.
Children Stephen Jermyn Masters (1858-1944); Maud Marion Masters (1860-1935); Llewellyn Pyne Masters (1861-1902); Claud Travers Masters (1864-1926).
Stephen married Beatrice Hancock; I think there were three children of which I have slight knowledge of one.
Maud married William Vazie Langdale Simons and they moved to Wales.
Llewellyn married Nellie Mary Gaunson; I have no knowledge of whether there were children.
Claud married Georgina Macpherson Cramer; three children, of whom I have very scant information.

If this is helpful please message me and I'll send you what I have.

Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 22 January 16 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brett,

I am sorry but I have had to edit your father name as it against RootsChat rules to post details of living folk - can you refer to him as "J V Masters" please.

We are trying to help you and give you ideas you can try to track him down.

Here is a link to the Salvation Army of Australia, here is a contact form that you will be able to use to inquire to see if they hold any records on your father. http://salvos.org.au/contact-us/ways-to-contact-us

On your own Birth certificate it should state our father full name, age, occupation and address at the time of birth as well as other information relating to the your mothers etc Can you lets us know what details it lists as your Birth Certificate should have all the important information.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anderley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 03:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham Simons - I am interested in this family and I would like to message you to find out more, however I'm not sure how!  Please message me.  Thanks, Lesley Anderson

Not sure I can help you, but the surname Masters does give me a link.
Samuel Masters born in Ireland 1820, came to Melbourne and married Marion Jenkins there 1857.
Children Stephen Jermyn Masters (1858-1944); Maud Marion Masters (1860-1935); Llewellyn Pyne Masters (1861-1902); Claud Travers Masters (1864-1926).
Stephen married Beatrice Hancock; I think there were three children of which I have slight knowledge of one.
Maud married William Vazie Langdale Simons and they moved to Wales.
Llewellyn married Nellie Mary Gaunson; I have no knowledge of whether there were children.
Claud married Georgina Macpherson Cramer; three children, of whom I have very scant information.

If this is helpful please message me and I'll send you what I have.