Author Topic: Abel Jones's parents  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Abel Jones's parents
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 January 16 21:54 GMT (UK) »
They certainly got about but I see that John has a larger farm in 1861. So far I have not been able to find John and Margaret in the 1871 census but their son John has a farm his own at Dol Pennaner, Llanfair Barrog. His sister Anne and brother-in-law Jeremiah are also resident.
Thanks again.

Glyn
Jones - Penmachno/Blaenau Ffestiniog/Capel Garmon
Thomas - Abererch/Porthmadog
Evans - Llangelynin/Llanaelhaern
Jones - Pwllheli/Abererch
Brammer - Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire
Robb - London/Scotland

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 January 16 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, and marriage of Catherine:-

Hugh Jones 23 occ Farmer abode Cefn Roch Father Evan occ Farmer
Catherine Jones 24 abode Rhydidion Fawr Father John occ Farmer
Witnesses Evan and Ellen Jones
19th August 1859 Llansannan
Keyboard86

EDIT in 1881 John Jones 53 b Penmachno still has Jeremiah Davies & Anne and Family with him.
Census Ref RG11/5530/67/29
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 July 17 15:09 BST (UK) »
Although the Jones family followed in this thread ticked a number of boxes I couldn't find any convincing evidence that they were related to Abel Jones. However, on revisiting the evidence and downloading the three images for the parish records of the marriages of Abel, Anne and Catherine I found the same signature for Catherine Jones which now convinces me that the John and Margaret Jones were Abel's parents.
I am now continuing to research this family but have come up against a brick wall concerning the deaths of John and Margaret. As stated previously they were in living Rhydiddion Fawr, Llansannan on the 1861 Census. I assume they died between 1861 and 1869 since the rest of the family had by then moved to Llanfair talhaearn. I have checked the probates to no avail. Any help gratefully accepted.
Glyn
Robb - London/Scotland

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 July 17 14:02 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have been through the Llansannan burial records for the period 1861 to 1871 without success in finding a record for John and Margaret Jones. I notice that there is a CM chapel in the village, Capel Coffa Henry Rees, with a graveyard and wondered if they were buried there. On searching Rootschat I also note that LeeW set up a web site www.clwyd-mi.co.uk which includes photographs of the grave stones in that chapel. It requires e-mailing the owner of the website to allow access for downloading but there is no e-mail address and the button does not seem to work. Does anyone know if this website is still in operation?

Glyn
Robb - London/Scotland

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 12:10 BST (UK) »
Feel slightly foolish in that I had forgotten that Lee had given me a password for the Clwyd-mi site four years ago. Superb site.
After trawling through over 400 photographs of gravestones in Capel Corr Henry Rees graveyard I eventually found one for John and Margaret's daughter Anne and her husband Jeremiah Davies plus their daughter Ellen and a child I previously did not know had existed. Although I could not find one for John and Margaret this might be due to 150 years weathering of the stone making some inscriptions illegible. I have now contacted Llansannan to ask if the chapel still had the burial records from the 1860's.

Glyn
Robb - London/Scotland