Author Topic: Accidental Findings: Ottilie WIMMELBACHER, nee Kukla - Toronto, Ontario  (Read 552 times)

Offline giselap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Accidental Findings: Ottilie WIMMELBACHER, nee Kukla - Toronto, Ontario
« on: Wednesday 20 January 16 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Ottilie WMMELBACHER, nee Kukla *11.26.1929 in Zwittau, Stadtplatz 1, Moravia, Czechoslovakia

emigration to Toronto, Ontario - last known address available

from "Schönhengster Heimat" (Nov. 2009), page 40 (Congrats, Zwittau)

Just in case somebody is researching the above family/person additional info might be available from the writer of the Zwittau congrats.

Rgds,
Giselap

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Accidental Findings: Ottilie WIMMELBACHER, nee Kukla - Toronto, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 January 16 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Noticed you have made quite a few accidental findings posts - did you know there was a Surnames Interests Index on Rootschat - it might be a good idea to record under the surnames in that section.
If you go to the bottom of any RootsChat page (in the brown section), it is listed under "Your Tools" - Click Surname Interests - Quick Search - Surname Starting With ??
Hope this helps.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline giselap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 January 16 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

even though your proposal might be a real good idea from different points of view, I'm sorry to say that that would be just a bit too time consuming for me.

I just come across the info I give in the "Accidental Findings" posts while doing my own researches and thought the given info might be helpful for people on "the other side of the ocean" as most of "my" accidentally found emigrants belong to the large group of expellees from Czechoslovakia who might be a bit harder to trace for their descendants born overseas as the routes to their new homes, very often via Germany, were sometimes "crooked", are not digitized and even more often not communicated to the descendants.
Not too many people were proud of being of German/Austrian/Czech descent right after 1945.

Thus, I only intended to be a little helpful in giving info on where to get additional info for the younger researchers as to where to start since the Czech Republic has put many old church records online.
However, in order to browse these records with a chance of being successful you should know the old home address, better still the place of birth (which for people born after 1920 in many cases is identical) and the original spelling of the surnames in question.

If you think my posts aren't helpful at all in this forum, just let know and I'll stop - really no problem for me, no offence felt or intended.  :D

Kind regards,
Giselap

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 January 16 06:02 GMT (UK) »
Merely pointing out a little section of the RootsChat Forum that sometimes people do not know exists and which may have been helpful to you.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada