Author Topic: george and jane black  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Aislinn200

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: george and jane black
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 January 16 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi I looked on this site before but I'll go thru it again in case anything new is there.  I found the ship manifest on Ancestry.com  It took me quite a while to find any information on the schooner Horatio.  The captain's name was C. Hallett.  The ship only made a few trips with passengers before being turned into a whaling ship. 
George's name was abbreviated to Geo on the manifest.  When George, Jane and James were on the ship they stopped in St. John New Brunswick.  I don't know if they arrived in NB on the ship Horatio.  There are two manifests one is the New Brunswick and then onto Pittsburg Pennsylvania. 

I have searched to try and find out if the Horatio left from a port in Ireland or England, but haven't found anything.
Okay I'm off to search thru the site you sent :)
Aislinn

Offline Canabarry

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: george and jane black
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 May 16 16:23 BST (UK) »
Aislinn, George and Jane are my great, great, great grandparents. I'm a son of William Hamilton Black, who is a son of William Raymond Black, son of William M Black, son of William John Black, son of George and Jane. I understand that he was born in Arklow, Wicklow County but have not been able to find anything more.

How do you relate to George and Jane? Have you been able to find any further information?

best regards... Barry