Author Topic: How to get a copy of a Will  (Read 1112 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a copy of a Will
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 February 16 09:26 GMT (UK) »
I wouldn't have said that a few posts were 'a barrage of mail' unless you mean PMs  ???

It wasn't you asking for how to get a Will that confused me (although in this case it was Letters of Administration and there was no Will). Yesterday you said (reply #5) that the Eliza Jane Crawford who died in 1908 was not the person you are looking for and then Maggsie later posted more details about her saying she 'sent on all the other info to Sarah earlier today.'
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Glenda46

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a copy of a Will
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 04:15 GMT (UK) »
OK I was given information about 2 persons named Eliza Jane CRAWFORD whom I was told both died in 1908, all the information about "wills" letters of Administration etc which werte dated 1909, she (that one) was listed as 10 years older (told not to worry about that) was a widow (told not to worry about that) even though my lady I knew was not married, someone presumed the older EJC was the mother of the other but that meant she would have been 8 when she had the child. So it went back and forth and back and forth. However as I said all sorted now. You must realise how confused I was. Everyone meant well but just got over the top confusing even though I printed off the whole listing and marked and marked to try and make sense. Just about to send off for MY EJC's mother's birth and off to see MY David Crawford (his Grand mother EJC)  in Hibiscus Coast above Auckland, NZ tomorrow. End of story.