Author Topic: Where was E(a)rnfold Mortlach  (Read 3544 times)

Offline lynne99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where was E(a)rnfold Mortlach
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 January 16 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I didn't answer your question.  My 3 rd was
 1816 Ordiquhill, Banff.  Father Alexander, mother Elizabeth., but again he is on the 1841 census,
John b 18010 ish only had sons, so I cannot even guess at his mother's name.  Both father's names were given to his first son,   Alexander Edmund.  No girls...  William b 1845 was my great grandfather and sadly he was born just 5 months before his dad died.
Fletcher, Scotland pre 1850s Liverpool post 1850s
Manchester, Bickerstaffe and later Liverpool
Mitchell, Liverpool
Harrison and Howard all in  Liverpool, Gascoyne St area

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 January 16 19:58 GMT (UK) »
My 3 rd was 1816 Ordiquhill, Banff.  Father Alexander, mother Elizabeth., but again he is on the 1841 census

Ah. That seems to cover the available records - it must be that yours is one of the ones whose baptism record has not survived.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 January 16 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Here you go, proof that Mitchell's were at Earnfold (1790-1820) but no John.  BTW a John was a witness to Margaret's baptism.  Is this your family - no definitive proof, it merely shows a Mitchell family at Earnfold and at this time members of the CofS. 

16/06/1809 MITCHEL JEAN ALEXANDER MITCHEL/ANNE STUART F MORTLACH /BANFF 162/00 0010 0365 born at Earnfold. 

03/09/1814 MITCHELL MARGARET ALEXANDER MITCHELL/ANNE STUART F MORTLACH /BANFF 162/00 0010 0393 born at Earnfold.

If I was doing this search, I would obtain the LDS film to verify none were omitted.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline lynne99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 January 16 17:26 GMT (UK) »
How can I look at the LDS Films to check??  Will I have to go there cause I'm a bit scared :(  Will I have to look at lots of film or are they all on one for that part of Scotland.  Thanks for your help and interest.
Fletcher, Scotland pre 1850s Liverpool post 1850s
Manchester, Bickerstaffe and later Liverpool
Mitchell, Liverpool
Harrison and Howard all in  Liverpool, Gascoyne St area