Author Topic: Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait  (Read 667 times)

Offline Matimi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait
« on: Wednesday 27 January 16 15:19 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information as to the parentage of Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait, who married 18 June 1663, in Chirnside.  Alexander is my direct ancestor and has been a brick wall for myself and other "cousins" researching this line.  I have a heavy Scotch background with Lindsay, MacDonald, McEwan, Jardine, Crockett, Marshall, Sylvester, Alexander and others.  My Russell's came from the Berwickshire , Lanarkshire area.  Any help would be appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 17 03:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi interested do you have John Crockett, Margaret Young, Robert Marshall immigrated on "Lovely Nelly" private vessel to PEI Canada then into Nova Scotia.thank you Barbara

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 17 13:29 GMT (UK) »
That far back can be awkward, but worth having a look - have you checked the naming pattern of their children, to see if it adheres to the Traditional Name Patterns, it can help a lot, also check their middle name, because they can suggest a material line.

Have you checked neighbouring towns/villages/parish cemeteries - there is a few

Depending on Alexander's occupation they could have moved around the area a bit - especially, if in agriculture with the hiring