Author Topic: Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait  (Read 979 times)

Offline Matimi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait
« on: Wednesday 27 January 16 15:19 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information as to the parentage of Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait, who married 18 June 1663, in Chirnside.  Alexander is my direct ancestor and has been a brick wall for myself and other "cousins" researching this line.  I have a heavy Scotch background with Lindsay, MacDonald, McEwan, Jardine, Crockett, Marshall, Sylvester, Alexander and others.  My Russell's came from the Berwickshire , Lanarkshire area.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 17 03:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi interested do you have John Crockett, Margaret Young, Robert Marshall immigrated on "Lovely Nelly" private vessel to PEI Canada then into Nova Scotia.thank you Barbara

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Russell & Beatrix Tait
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 17 13:29 GMT (UK) »
That far back can be awkward, but worth having a look - have you checked the naming pattern of their children, to see if it adheres to the Traditional Name Patterns, it can help a lot, also check their middle name, because they can suggest a material line.

Have you checked neighbouring towns/villages/parish cemeteries - there is a few

Depending on Alexander's occupation they could have moved around the area a bit - especially, if in agriculture with the hiring