Author Topic: Benjamin James and Margaret Evans of Aberdare, Dowlais, YstradyfodwgPennsylvania  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Trinityquiet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin James and Margaret Evans of Aberdare, Dowlais, YstradyfodwgPennsylvania
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 January 16 19:46 GMT (UK) »
I, too, just found that the Cardiganshire family was comprised of blacksmiths who stayed there, so that's not him. I'll look into that marriage certificate, Osprey. I didn't know they worked that way. I only have an index record. Thanks for your research.

I'm hoping it doesn't get as complicated as remarried parents. As it was, it took me years to link my ancestor to Benjamin James. Benjamin gave his last child (my ancestor) up for adoption when his wife died in childbirth.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin James and Margaret Evans of Aberdare, Dowlais, YstradyfodwgPennsylvania
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:09 GMT (UK) »
if you're ordering the certificate, only buy from the gro as below. Other places like certain well known websites charge a huge mark up.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You'll need to give details of the registration

Benjamin James march qtr 1864 Merthyr Tydfil vol 11a pg 519
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Trinityquiet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 January 16 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. Hopefully I can get by with a lookup request, but if not it's definitely encouraging to know which site to go through.