Author Topic: Thomas Willins bapt. Holyhead 1772  (Read 788 times)

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Thomas Willins bapt. Holyhead 1772
« on: Thursday 28 January 16 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thomas son of Joseph Willins and wife Anne (Jones) was baptised at Holyhead 27 Sep 1772. He was named as a beneficiary in his father's will dated April 1815. I can find nothing else about him.

The family surname causes problems - it is recorded as Willins, Wellens, Wellins and others, and is often mis-transcribed as Williams.

I know of these siblings of Thomas who survived to adulthood:
Catherine 1777 - 1840, married Humphrey Mark at Holyhead 1803.
Jane 1780 - 1854, married William Jones at Holyhead 1802.
Joseph 1782 - 1825, married Mary Edwards at Llanfachraeth 1808.

Joseph Willins was farming at Glantraeth, Holyhead (or Llanynghenedl?) when he died and the details from his will suggest that Thomas was far from being the favourite child.

Beneficiaries:
Thomas Willins - son £1. John Jaggard - son in law 1 shilling. Jane Jones - daughter £10. William Jaggard - grandson £20 "and all my wearing apparel". Catherine Marks - daughter £60 (+"all my cows, pigs, sheep and half of the crops of every description that shall be, or to grow on my land after my decease" + half share "of all household furniture".   Joseph Willins - grandson "one calf from the cow called Mila(?). Joseph Willins - son half share "of all household furniture", " all the rest, residue and remainder of my worldly goods and effects whatsoever".

Help in tracing Thomas Willins will be much appreciated, also I haven't been able to identify the wife of John Jaggard, mother of William Jaggard, who presumably is an unknown daughter of Joseph Willins and Ann Jones.
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk