Author Topic: waller Baby  (Read 654 times)

Offline JanisMc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
waller Baby
« on: Friday 29 January 16 06:04 GMT (UK) »
My uncle Edward Cyril Waller had an affair with a Kathleen Helen Coey (nee Oliver) and was named in the newspapers court divorce proceedings on the 14/11/1936. This is in Queensland , Australia.
A baby was born,  sex unknown in June 1936 before the divorce was approved. There is mention of her husband seeing the registration of the baby's birth with Kathleen as the mother and naming my uncle as the father but I don;t know if the baby would have taken the mothers name due to them not being married or my uncles. They did get married later and had a daughter Margaret Joan Waller in 1938 who sadly died in 1940. My father was Edwards youngest brother. And Edward arrived in Brisbane from London on the 4/4/1927 when he was 18 years old to join his older brother Frederick John (known as John).
Their children would have been my cousins and i'm looking for any information on them or thei descendants - thanks

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: waller Baby
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 January 16 06:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I will ask for your thread to be moved to the Australia Board. 

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 January 16 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 January 16 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Agh, many thanks Cando.   Perhaps the threads need to be merged and kept on the Australia Board.   :)

Hi JanisMc

Some thoughts .... I don't need the answers, just thoughts for you to consider
Do you have a copy of the 1940 death cert for Margaret Joan?    What information does it give you about Edward Cyril?
The death was registered in Brisbane.
1940  #B50363 Margaret Joan WALLER,
Father was Edward Cyril
Mother as Kathleen Helen OLIVER** subsequently COEY

I would expect the headings on the dc to include:
Her full name and surname
Her age
Her date and place of death
The name and surname of her Dad
His Occupation
The name and surname of her mum
The medical information from the Coroner
When and where she was buried or cremated
Info about the informant giving her family history information
Their full name, description or relationship of and their residence/ address

You could also consider Edward Cyril WALLER and Kathleen Helen COEY’s marriage certificate ….
1937, Brisbane B27703

While the online index does not display Edward Cyril WALLER’s parents names against his death registration, I wonder if the informant provided family history details about his marriage/s and children.  His dc is from 1981 and is ref #1760. 

I feel you need certificates to advance your quest.   RChat is about helping with deceased ancestor quests, and there’s some good suggestions at the following “How To” thread regarding RChat’s policy re requests for searching for living people.

Here’s a quote from the link, and the link itself.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368728.0
We are sorry we are unable to help you with any searches for the living but may we wish you every success in your hunt 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline JanisMc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 January 16 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that :0) I have most of this information - its the baby that was born in june 1936 that i can;t find any info on. He/she may still be alive or they may have died, its to fill a hole in my waller family tree.
cheers
J

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 January 16 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Are you saying that Edward Cyril's 1981 dc makes no reference to the baby born in 1936?  (the newspaper cuttings re the Divorce hearing suggests to me that Edward would likely be named as the father on the birth cert, rather than the Petitioner being named as father)

Have you considered contacting some of the Adoption Support groups to register as someone interested in making contact with your cousin?   I recall posting on the following thread:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=739115.0 perhaps there's some tips that can be adjusted for Queensland and the 1930s.

Cheers,  JM

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 29 January 16 23:50 GMT (UK) »