Author Topic: Harry Beaumont  (Read 2511 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Beaumont
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 February 16 14:26 GMT (UK) »
There's some here about 'declaration of decease'
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Legal+Death+and+Missing+Persons

I know the law changed in 2014 so you'll need to research the process & records before that date. There are many possibilities of a 2nd marriage for his first wife if indeed the story is true.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 February 16 14:38 GMT (UK) »
HB probably had a brother in 1942 [search for Beaumont birth with MMN Jennings 1930 - 1945 on freebmd.org for the name]. It may be worth trying social media for him.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline moo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 February 16 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for the help so far,

I am beginning to smell a rat lol, the aunt in question remarried in 1985 Louth, which looking at the records seemed a strange place to get married (might have to order that certificate) when they both lived in Dewsbury, are there any records that would show if there had been any divorce.

Regards
Moo

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 February 16 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes, the certificate will state her status, though in 1985 I am not sure what official checks will have been made.

I believe some divorce records are at the National Archives
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/divorces/
but whether recent records are available I don't know.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 February 16 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Its possible Harry Beaumont got called up under national service for 2 years around the time of the Suez or Cyrus zones or Germany where troops were sent in the 1950's- new Horizons of life's choice (another woman out there.? )
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 06 February 16 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes, of course, so the 'militia/military' part of the story could be true.

I'd forgotten your other thread here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=740354.msg5867061#msg5867061
where there is some info from stanmapstone.

Have you looked for a 2nd marriage for HB? I would be inclined to get the 2001 death certificate, then if it appears to be 'your' Harry - his birth certificate will give accurate dob if you do not already know it - then search the electoral roll pre that year [you may have to go to a Derby Library to do this].

Are you looking to find out what happened to HB? Or just whether his 1st wife had him declared deceased?

Offline moo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 February 16 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Dobfarm , I shall certainly look in to that.

Josey, I would like to know what happened to him, if he did remarry etc, so it looks like I shall have to order the birth and death and see if they match (bank balance allowing lol). I try to follow each spouse to the end of life, and so far my lot seem to get married 3 or 4 times.

Regards
Marion

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 06 February 16 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Dobfarm , I shall certainly look in to that.

Josey, I would like to know what happened to him, if he did remarry etc, so it looks like I shall have to order the birth and death and see if they match (bank balance allowing lol). I try to follow each spouse to the end of life, and so far my lot seem to get married 3 or 4 times.

Regards
Marion

Many strange changes happen or possibles

A joke at the pub I heard a while back.
Woman says to a friend- "My hubby has run off with the next door neighbour"-Friend says " how's her husband taking it" -Woman says " I don't know ! its him my husband ran off with"  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline moo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 November 17 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning

Quick update with a question.

I ordered the death certificate for a Harry Beaumont 2001, and there is not a lot of information on it the person registering the death  Qualification is given as  "Causing the body to be cremated".
It does give a date of birth as 22/02/1930 and gives his place of birth as Batley Yorkshire
I have searched for other HB born in the Yorkshire and this is the only one. The GRO ref (which was kindly given to me earlier in the post) Dewsbury 9b 750 1930 j/f/m seems to match. Then a quick check on the 1939 Register gives a preview of Harry Beaumont born 1930 living Batley Yorkshire, with a Joseph D Beaumont ( Harry's father's name from marriage certificate) and one other person in household.
My question is in 1930 would Batley be recorded in the GRO as Dewsbury ?

Regards
Moo