Author Topic: Catherine Leonard possible connection to Jordans from Mullingar (musicians)  (Read 853 times)

Offline cathal1958

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Leonard possible connection to Jordans from Mullingar (musicians)
« on: Saturday 30 January 16 19:36 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Folks,
I think this is my Catherine Leonard, she appears in 1889 workhouse in Dublin with her father Patrick and her brother patrick James Leonard

This is the info on the Census 1901,
Residents of a house 3 in Coolatoor (Kilcumeragh, Westmeath)

Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion   Birthplace   Occupation   Literacy   Irish Language   Marital Status   Specified Illnesses
Upton   Henry A S   31   Male   Head of Family   Church of Ireland   Dublin City   Magistrate Land-Owner   Read and write   -   Married   -
Upton   Victoria   23   Female   Wife   Church of Ireland   Kent   -   Read and write   -   Married   -
Bowerman   Lucy   37   Female   Servant   Church of England   Devonshire   Parlourmaid Domestic Servant   Read and write   -   Not Married   -
Quigley   Elizabeth   28   Female   Servant   Church of Ireland   Kent   Housemaid Servant   Read and write   -   Not Married   -
Leonard   Catherine   21   Female   Servant   Roman Catholic   Westmeath   Cook Servant   Read and write   -   Not Married   -
O'Brien   Michael   32   Male   Servant   Roman Catholic   Tipperary   Coachman Servant   Read and write   -   Not Married   -
Malady   Annie   13   Female   Servant   Roman Catholic   Westmeath   Kitchenmaid Servant   Read and write   -   Not Married   -
Can any one help?? thanks

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Leonard possible connection to Jordans from Mullingar (musicians)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 January 16 21:09 GMT (UK) »
A link to the record is easier to read.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Westmeath/Kilcumeragh/Coolatoor/1775198/

Was the Catherine in the workhouse born in Westmeath?

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 January 16 07:28 GMT (UK) »
How old was Catherine,Patrick snr and jnr in 1889

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline cathal1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 January 16 12:41 GMT (UK) »
I haven't found where Catherine was born yet,D.O.B approx 1880, Nor here father Patrick his D.O.B 1820, seems sometime they are recorded as Leonard other times Lennon???
 Patrick James my G.G.father was born in Glenties Donegal his D.O.B 1881,
there was also a sister Mary who lived in Ramelton Donegal her details i have not got as yet, she was married or a partner to a John Mc Keown.
 the family traveled around a lot,
It would appear that given Patrick James & Catherine's age and their father
 age in 1889 the father was 69 a widower, Catherine 9 and Patrick James 8 would lead me to believe he may have married twice?
there is a definite connection to Jordan's of west meath, who were musicians one Jordan connection is also in Banbridge, Co Down and they visited family in Ramelton regularly, ???