Author Topic: Hendrik Cornelis van Niekerk  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hendrik Cornelis van Niekerk
« on: Monday 01 February 16 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Need help finding baptism and death records for Hendrik Cornelis van Niekerk b. abt 1850 Tygerberg or Durbanville Cape Town. Not sure if these are his parents names - Jacob van Reenen van Niekerk b. 1818 and Jeanne Francoise Duminy b. 1825.

Need his wife's baptism and death records as well. They were married 27 Jan 1876 Cape Town (I have their married record)

She was Johanna Sophia Wilhelmina Neethling b 21 Sep 1854  Her parents were - Christiaan Wilhelm Frederik Neethling 1813- 1877 and Hester Magdalena Elizabeth Rossouw 1819 - 1884 married 19 Nov 1836 Cape Town.

Have looked at Geni, family search and the online archive index but only found their married record and baptism records for three of there children. Hendrik and Johanna supposedly had 13 children this was according to their daughter my Ouma who told me years ago.

Thanks Karen.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hendrik Cornelis van Niekerk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 February 16 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Maybe this document will give you the names of the children.  You will have to order it directly from the archives.

DEPOT     KAB                                                                   
SOURCE    CSC                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 2/6/1/258                                                             
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 19                                                                   
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          MOTION. PETITION OF HENDRIK CORNELIS VAN NIEKERK OF DURBANVILLE,     
           FATHER AND NATURAL GUARDIAN OF HIS MINOR CHILDREN PROCREATED WITH   
           JOHANNA SOPHIA WILHELMINA VAN NIEKERK (BORN NEETHLING) IN RE         
           MORTGAGE OF PROPERTY.                                               
STARTING  19050000                                                             
ENDING    19050000 
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 February 16 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thanks Nookie I saw that. Will ask Henry at the Cape Archives if he will send it to me.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 February 16 15:31 GMT (UK) »

do you happen to have any of their death dates, there are a lot of death notices on naairs and it will help to narrow it down
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 February 16 16:12 GMT (UK) »
No I have no death dates.

But Sue, I have already looked at every one on naairs, it was a painful processes but I got through it! :(

Thanks any way.

Karen

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 February 16 16:28 GMT (UK) »

Ok because if you had the estate file no then I can perhaps get the death notice or a will and they will list wife, parents and children.......................
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 November 17 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Just an update - I have found civil death notices for Hendrik and his wife, there does not seam to be estate files for them. Secondly the Hendrik born 1850 was the incorrect husband to Johanna Wilhlemina Sophia Neethling. The correct Hendrik was born in 1849 a cousin to the one born in 1850.   I have their parents now and all 16 of their children.

Thanks for trying to help.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 November 17 09:04 GMT (UK) »

Glad you have made a break through. :D

Offline Paintedlady56

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 17:30 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any records on  Hendrik Cornelis van Reenen van Niekerk and  Anna Jacoba Brodrick. I have their children's names. Was his dad maybe Jacob van Reenen van Niekerk married to Jeanne Francois Duminy in 1849 ?