Author Topic: Framlingham Weekly News  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Framlingham Weekly News
« on: Tuesday 02 February 16 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Framlingham Weekly News, a valuable resource for the local historian, and full of fascinating items for all, is now available to view online - all 4,154 editions published between September 1859 and September 1939.  It was published as a Railway Gazette, with national and international news pages printed in London, and the Fram news and ads printed here on a hand press by Robert Lambert - and later on by steam power.

Lambert retired in 1896 and then it was taken over by Mauldens. In 1939 another change of ownership to the Lowestoft Mercury, but this was the beginning of the end, with the last issue published 30th September 1939. The paper remained at the price of 1d [now 0.42p] all its life.

The digitisation was carried out by Find My Past and the British Library - you can access it via FindMyPast if you already subscribe, or pay to view at www.britishnewspapersarchive.co.uk
(Framlingham Historical Society)
www.framlinghamarchive.org.uk
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?