Author Topic: Alexander Watt b. Paisley 1813  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Jane Watt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Watt b. Paisley 1813
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 23:02 GMT (UK) »
It's like Stewart Ashley Anderson Watt being called Bert...you would never figure that out but I found it in a census!

I also wondered if Caroline Mary Jane just went to live with and was raised by another family since her father was working. I spent a lot of time going through the church records looking for a marriage record for her, but never found one.

I think if I ever crack this brickwall it will be through someone else with a crossover of relatives in a family tree. I put it out on message boards every so often to try to see if I can  catch a break.

THanks for your interest and help.

Cheers,

Jane

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 23:40 GMT (UK) »
That's a thought but with so many family members would they not have looked after her.

If she did end up with another family she may have taken their surname too?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Jane Watt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 03:41 GMT (UK) »
I agree, but, of course I can't really prove she belonged to our family! I can't see any eveidence of her with our immediate ancestors on census records etc. It's possible she didn't survive her childhood, but I haven't found any death records for her either.

I'll keep plugging away......