Author Topic: Ancestry to connect with RootsMagic  (Read 3438 times)

Offline bibliotaphist

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry to connect with RootsMagic
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 09:30 GMT (UK) »
My only real interest in this is that it will allow me to sync my RootsMagic database with an Ancestry tree, while maintaining my RM database as the source of all truth.

I don't care where my source material comes from!

You do know that if you upload images to Ancestry and you have obtained them from another source then it is likely those images are subject to copyright and you should get permission, preferably in writing, to do so

Andy

Yes, I do know that. I am a copyright advisor in my daily life.

I'm interested far more in sharing facts and sources than commodity scanned images.

Offline bibliotaphist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 10:22 GMT (UK) »
My only real interest in this is that it will allow me to sync my RootsMagic database with an Ancestry tree, while maintaining my RM database as the source of all truth.

I don't care where my source material comes from!

You do know that if you upload images to Ancestry and you have obtained them from another source then it is likely those images are subject to copyright and you should get permission, preferably in writing, to do so

Andy

Also - hopefully RM will permit users to include or exclude attached media from a future Ancestry tree sync, as they already do when publishing to myrootsmagic.com

Offline RevHead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 April 18 06:27 BST (UK) »
Hi pstainthorp,

I'm interested to know how you've gone in using roots magic and it's connection with Ancestry.com - are you still using it? Why/why not?

Much thanks