Author Topic: Waite family of Langton  (Read 726 times)

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Waite family of Langton
« on: Thursday 04 February 16 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi. A few weeks ago I had some great help here sorting out where my Waite family lived (in Old Creas, Langton), it put me on the right path and I have made real progress but it has also revealed that one of the people that I have been following is the wrong person so I am back asking for help!

I am trying to work out the life of my 2 x great grandmother Sibbella Waite1819-1903. I have three siblings listed for her, Sarah b.1815 Branton, Matthew b.1823 Duns and William b.1824 Duns. Her parents were Esther Cummings and Matthew Waite.

In 1841 Esther and her children William and Sarah were in Old Creas, Langton. Matthew jnr was married and living in Swinton and I think that Matthew snr was dead. After this I can't find any information on Esther or Sarah, alive, dead, married etc. The one I thought I could follow was William who I thought married Margaret Blackhall. Yesterday I got details of his death from Scotlands People which showed that the William Waite who married Margaret Blackhall was a different man (Parents William Waite and Mary Martin)
It doesn't matter what I try I can't find any trace of the deaths or lives of Esther and Matthew or Sarah and her brother William. They all disappear off the map in 1841.

I would really appreciate any help
Thanks
Alison

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waite family of Langton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 February 16 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Wait/Waite - found a William wait married to a Margaret Davidson in 1840's in Coldstream - might be worth look, but William & Margaret Blackhall living at whitsome in 1851 census - children's naming policy fills better - both William & Margaret's are around the same time so worth double checking both again