Author Topic: Re: Young's of Innerwick, East Lothian  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Del66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Young's of Innerwick, East Lothian
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 April 16 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi. Adam Young born 4 August 1827 in Innerwick. married Jemima Jane Blair (My GG Grandmother). I know that Adam Youngs father was Robert Young. Perhaps my connection with the Young family from Innerwick is related to yours. My GG Grandmother Jemima Blair lived at Thurston Farm Innerwick in the 1871 census. and Adam Young at  At Thurston Mains in the 1861 census. Adam was a under Farm Greive at Thurston Mains. My GGG Grandfather Robert Blair born 25 October 1816 in Innerwick was also Married in the church there on 21 December 1838.

It would be  great to find out more about the Young`s of Innerwick.

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 April 16 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi. Adam Young born 4 August 1827 in Innerwick. married Jemima Jane Blair (My GG Grandmother). I know that Adam Youngs father was Robert Young. Perhaps my connection with the Young family from Innerwick is related to yours. My GG Grandmother Jemima Blair lived at Thurston Farm Innerwick in the 1871 census. and Adam Young at  At Thurston Mains in the 1861 census. Adam was a under Farm Greive at Thurston Mains. My GGG Grandfather Robert Blair born 25 October 1816 in Innerwick was also Married in the church there on 21 December 1838.

It would be  great to find out more about the Young`s of Innerwick.

Hi,
I have both the name Young and Blair on my family tree, but, unfortunately, nothing that links them to yours. Did any of your Young's or Blair's, move to Durham, which is where my latest ones finished up. Where do you maintain your tree? If it was Ancestry, we could swap notes to see whether there is a connection?

Offline Del66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 April 16 12:13 BST (UK) »
My family tree is on Ancestry although my membership has lapsed, I am now on Findmypast. As far as I know there is not a Durham connection with Adam Young, but Innerwick is a small town in East Lothian Scotland so its possible.

I know that Adam Young and Jemima Blair were married in Old Cambus Mains Cockburnspath Berwickshire on 22 June 1877. All the Blairs were from Berwickshire and Innnerwick. I dont have much on the Youngs. 

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 03 April 16 13:04 BST (UK) »
My family tree is on Ancestry although my membership has lapsed, I am now on Findmypast. As far as I know there is not a Durham connection with Adam Young, but Innerwick is a small town in East Lothian Scotland so its possible.

I know that Adam Young and Jemima Blair were married in Old Cambus Mains Cockburnspath Berwickshire on 22 June 1877. All the Blairs were from Berwickshire and Innnerwick. I dont have much on the Youngs.

Hi, Is your tree 'Public', if so I might still be able to view it? I would very much like to 'prove' a connection.

Bill

Offline Del66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 April 16 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

My Tree is Public on Ancestry. It should be found on Ancestry as  Youngs - Blairs, though I can send it to you. What is your username ? Ill have a look at the Youngs and see if I can find a connection as well.

Derek

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 April 16 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

My Tree is Public on Ancestry. It should be found on Ancestry as  Youngs - Blairs, though I can send it to you. What is your username ? Ill have a look at the Youngs and see if I can find a connection as well.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the invite. I am also on Ancestry and my tree, which is a joint one with my wife, is called:-
Birchall and Hawkins Family Tree Reunion. Let me know if you have a problem. It would be great if you could find a connection.
Bill