Author Topic: Henry DAVY/DAVEY + Mary Ann SMITH Torpoint marriage - 1830 to 1840?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Henry DAVY/DAVEY + Mary Ann SMITH Torpoint marriage - 1830 to 1840?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 February 16 23:28 GMT (UK) »
In the other thread you mention that Henry was born in 1810, something about an immigration record. Do you have the documentation to confirm that date?
The tree you have posted has Henry bpt in 1818, could that be closer to his birth date?
There is a Henry in 1841 Census, aged 20 (but 20 to 24 which fits in with an 1818 birth) living with Christina (65) who may have been his mother. There is also an Emma aged 5 (possible dau) but no sign of Elizabeth. There is a Mary but this may be the sister not the wife Mary Ann who is missing also.

Here is the link to that other thread that Spike mentions.   
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=741012.0

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 February 16 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I do not. The tree I have posted is not my own work and I have not verified all entires - the first one being that I do not agree with the presented baptism record for HENRY DAVEY I have found an alternate birth for him in Gwennup in 1809 to JOHN + PRISCILLA DAVEY which fits in much better with the ship records on the sibella, which do list him as having a birth circa 1810 in 1848. That is why I am concerned with using the 1818 baptism as it is not the only option for his birth and parentage.

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 February 16 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. Just asking, as there doesn't seem to be much documentation for him.
I can't find the 1810 reference on three shipping list transcriptions I've seen either.
Anyhow, off to check out Priscilla!
UK: Lee, Swift
CON: Davey, Harding, Hocking, Rule, Whinnen
AUST: McIntosh

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 February 16 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Spike - PRISCILLA BECKERLEG + JOHN DAVEY married on 02 Aug 1806 in Gwennap, Cornwall, England, and had four children each two years approx after one another - HENRY DAVEY being bap in 25 Apr 1809 Gwennap, Cornwall, England, which seemed a lot more likely to me as a possible match?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 February 16 05:13 GMT (UK) »
If we can find Henry's death registration, it is likely that document will give information about how long he lived the the colonies,  the details of his marriage, the details of his children, information about his parents, his then usual address, his cause of death, his age, his place of birth, his occupation, his place of burial, and other family history information.   Yes, some of that info will be already known, but it will help validate our OPs knowledge.

Fingers crossed he died in either Victoria or New South Wales (which at that time was far more extensive geographically than it is now).  Their death certs are quite detailed, more like Scottish certificates, whereas South Australia certs are more like English certs. 

In fact, as I posted on the other thread, if Mary Anne Davey's 1853 marriage certificate was obtained, it should include details Mary Anne supplied to the clergy confirming her widowhood (and the date of death of Henry !) and the details of her children from her marriage to Henry....   To me that is vital information to help the RChatter community find our OP's Henry.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 February 16 10:12 GMT (UK) »
I don't think the Henry baptised in Gwennap is yours, he is on the census for 1861 in Tywardreath with wife Elizabeth (marriage 1834 in Tywardreath) & children, 1871 in St Day, 1881 in Gwennap abode Pink Moors, buried in St Day 23 Oct 1889 age 80 abode Pink Moor.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 February 16 10:15 GMT (UK) »
just spotted Spike has also found this Henry on your other thread.

:-[
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 February 16 10:17 GMT (UK) »
just spotted Spike has also found this Henry on your other thread.

:-[

Yes he is quick - in my defense it is two separate questions though! I got excited finding this board :)