Author Topic: William Neylon (or Neylan) and Honora Neylon  (Read 1132 times)

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Neylon (or Neylan) and Honora Neylon
« on: Sunday 07 February 16 06:10 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping to find information on William Neylon (born abt 1811) and Honora Neylon (born abt 1813) who immigrated to Victoria, Australia on the TRURO in 1854. They apparently come from Clare, and had with them three children: William (13 b. abt 1841) Mary (11 b. abt 1843) and Bridget (9 b. abt 1845). William Snr is a farmer. These people are on the passenger list as RC. I have not been able to trace a death of Honora Neylon in Australia with dates, although there is one that died in 1873 NSW with parents Patrick and Mary who is down as 'Neilan'.

The person I am most interested in is Mary. I am exploring all options for a 'Mary Nellen' who had a mother called 'Nora' and gave her surname in New Zealand as 'Nellen'. This lady put her birth date between 1845 and 1847, and family believed she came from Kerry. Louise
Joyce & Black in Armagh/Down; Clarkson in Hull, East Riding; Paxton in Hull, Yorkshire; Lodge in Huddersfield and Liverpool; Shaw in Caistor, Lincolnshire; Noncon and Pope in London.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Neylon (or Neylan) and Honora Neylon
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 February 16 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!