Author Topic: Son of a Joseph Gagnon  (Read 471 times)

Offline WilliamCouture

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Son of a Joseph Gagnon
« on: Sunday 07 February 16 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Trying to get all the players on the marriage of Jos. Gagnon to Genevieve Perrault.

Do I see the fils de Joseph Gagnon and Marie Josephte Blouin?

Do I see Joseph Perrault and Marie Drouin?

They got a lot to say for a marriage record.  They're making reference to I.O., and lot more I wish I could make out.

Offline Rodeo

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Son of a Joseph Gagnon
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi William

The handwriting is extremely difficult to read but hereunder is the translation:

The 7th February seventeen hundred eighty-seven after the publication of three marriage bans made during our parochial mass on three consecutive Sundays between Joseph Gagnon, son of Joseph Gagnon and Marie Josephte Blouïn of Château Richer parish, on the one part,: and Geneviève Perrault, daughter of Joseph Perrault, and Marie Drouïn of this parish, on the other part: Not having found any impediment to the said marriage, we the undersigned, Priest, Curate of The Holy Family, Île d’Orléans, have received their mutual consent of marriage and have given the Nuptial Benediction following the ceremonies prescribed by our Mother, the Holy Roman Church, and this in the presence of Joseph Gagnon, father of the groom, Louis Gagnon, First Cousin -- Jean Gagnon, Cousin, Joseph Perrault, father of the bride, Joseph Perrault, brother, François Perrault. The bride alone signed with us, the others having declared themselves unable to sign.

Cheers,

Rodeo

Offline WilliamCouture

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Son of a Joseph Gagnon
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.  Funny how no matter how hard it is to read you can usually make out the "fils de" thing and pick out the names.

These are difficult yes, but it's pretty cool to be able to look at scanned 18th Century documents.

Will have several more of these.  This branch of my family has a Metis link that I'm digging for.

Merci Beau Coup.