Author Topic: Brickwall, Searching for Kezia Woodward of Cubbington, Warwickshire, England  (Read 8094 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall, Searching for Kezia Woodward of Cubbington, Warwickshire, England
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 20:01 GMT (UK) »
      I'm confused by Thomas and Ann christened 25 August 1830 in Empingham, Rutlandshire, because I can't find anything on Ann.

Ann Kitchen Woodward, Infant was buried at Empingham 29 Feb 1831
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline lotsahunters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall, Searching for Kezia Woodward of Cubbington, Warwickshire, England
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jomot! Are you able to share all the information from the records on your CD or are they copy written? I assume the burial record for Ann was also on your CD.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 20:48 GMT (UK) »
        After James died, Esther married a John Woodward, so perhaps we have the wrong James. Esther and her children were visitors in John's home, so I suspect John is related in some way.

In the 1851 census John is born c1801, Whitwell, Rutland, so this looks like his baptism:

4 May 1800 John s/o John & Elizabeth

Baptised at Whitwell to same the parents:
6 Apr 1802 - Adam
9 Jul 1805 - Eliza
27 Mar 1808 - George
24 Sep 1809 - Wm
25 Nov 1810 - Jane
19 Jun 1812 - Anne

I wondered if Jane has been wrongly transcribed & should be James, but looking at the image it clearly says Jane, daughter of  ???

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline lotsahunters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 February 16 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Jomot, do you think Esther christened 10 April 1814 in Uppingham, Rutlandshire is also John and Elizabeth's? If so, can you find any other children there?

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 February 16 10:49 GMT (UK) »
My apologies, it looks like the baptisms continued onto another disk. These are all Whitwell, children of John, a shoemaker, and Elizabeth

9 Feb 1813  Thomas - buried 13 Feb 1813
10 Apr 1814 Esther
24 Dec 1815 Mary Anne - buried 22 Mar 1816
23 Feb 1817 Sophia
20 Sep 1818 David - buried 20 Nov 1818

Also buried at Whitwell:
20 Aug 1802 Adam s/o John & Elizabeth
2 Sep 1815 Anne aged 4, d/o John & Elizabeth

Offline lotsahunters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 February 16 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Marriage Bisbrooke
William woodward and Mary Allin 15.11.1793
Richard Allin and Frances Williams 15.11.1793
Daughter Hannah 20.11.1794
Lucy 14.10.1797
James 30.3.1800
Kerzia 19.6.1808
Esther 2.6.1811
Is Richard Allin and Frances Williams another Marriage that same day? Does the record document the fathers?

Ciderdrinker

Offline lotsahunters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 February 16 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
You seem to have gathered just about everything you can apart for a baptism record. Kezia appears in 23 public trees on Ancestry and non of them have managed to discover where she was born. However, some of them cite a baptism in Rutland / Northamptonshire:
Keziah Woodward, 19 Jun 1808, Bisbrooke, Daughter of William Woodward and Mary.
Certainly there does not appear to be a baptism in Warwickshire so I suggest you have a go at this possibility and see if it yields anything. The probable reason for this is that I explored this family in 2013 on Ancestry using a working tree. I realized people were taking the information as fact, so I changed it to a private tree, back then, I ruled the family out because the only circumstantial evidence to suggest it was her was the fact that they used Allen as a middle name. Now that we know about William, who was in Hellidon, Northamptonshire and Flecknoe, Warwickshire - both approximately 10 miles away, I am confident this could be her.
HTH
Peter

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 February 16 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Is Richard Allin and Frances Williams another Marriage that same day? Does the record document the fathers?

18 Nov 1873 William Woodward & Mary Allen* were No. 197 in the register
19 Nov 1873 Richard Allen* & Francis Williams were No. 198

Both marriages were the same day.  The only additional info is that all 4 were OTP and both marriages followed Banns

* Spelling & dates per transcript

Offline lotsahunters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 14 February 16 15:51 GMT (UK) »
That may be her Christening;

Possible Marriage
William WOODWARD to Jane RATT
3 February 1824, Preston, Rutland

Trish :)

I need to explore this because the William and Jane that married in Northamptonshire have children prior to marriage. The first is Emannual, born in 1829, Warwickshire, according to the census. Jane Ratt would have died between 1834 and 1837.