Author Topic: NLI Roman catholic registers versus RootsIreland registers  (Read 1092 times)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
NLI Roman catholic registers versus RootsIreland registers
« on: Tuesday 09 February 16 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Have a RootsIre. transcription of a baptism 1834 for someone  I think is my ancestor.  However, unable to find said Drumragh Co. Tyrone register entry for the time frame (January 1834).  Does anyone know if Rootsireland have different/more registers than National Library of Ireland?  Can I gain access to the original which they have transcribed? 
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: NLI Roman catholic registers versus RootsIreland registers
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to mention that I have also accessed the actual "Drumragh" RC parish records website - who have also of recent times put some of their registers online - but even they haven't started their online baptisms  till 1846 - so where on earth did Rootsireland get their info?  I am typing this, and have this weird feeling that I may have already asked this question on Rootschat... Oh dear, these "Seniors moments" are a worry -... My apologies if I have already made this query.  Thank you!!
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Here is the other thread perhaps http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=732030

I haven't read it all but the answer may be there

Heywood  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 12:34 GMT (UK) »

You may wish to establish if the entry you have is actually  a RC and not infact a CofI entry
http://ifhf.rootsireland.ie/generic.php?filename=centres/ifhf/sources.tpl

If the transcription shows it as a RC record it may be a transcription error and you are probably best raise the issue with the particular IFHF office.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Have we not already had this discussion  ???
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=732030
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes Aghadowey,
You are absolutely correct - and it was only a few months ago that I put the query - signs of my memory fading!!  And not printing out the results!!!   so my sincere apologies to you and all the others - and again, many thanks for your input - Padraig, Heywood, Aghadowey etc.

Have just this moment printed out your previous input - and will file with my other paperwork.  Am at the stage of my tree of having done lots of side branches, "finishing off" lots of stuff - but like many of us, the Irish main branches still remain in some parts a mystery! 

Thanks everyone for your patience!
Maggs