Author Topic: Andrew and Colin McQUARRIE, born 1826 and 1828 Edinburgh respectively  (Read 3122 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew and Colin McQUARRIE, born 1826 and 1828 Edinburgh respectively
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 February 16 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi marmic,
   Welcome to rootschat  :) :)

When and where did Alan die?  Did his name become Macquarie?  There just may be some small clues to be found in Alan's life/death.

It seems so sad that the brothers probably didn't meet up again ...  but I guess Victoria, N.Z. and W.A were a long way away especially in those days.

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 16 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello marmic,

Thank you for your message.

My original contact via Ancestry Public Member Trees is a descendant of the McQUARRIE family and would like to contact you.   I have his name/email address etc. and will send you these details through a PERSONAL MESSAGE.   However, it is necessary that you have at least 3 postings to RootsChat before the facility becomes available and I suggest you send 2 more messages just saying "Hello", for instance, which will give you the magic 3 total.   I will then send the details.

Good luck,

BAC3

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello marmic,

I notice that you have not replied to my posting about contact with my correspondent in regard to
your mutual ancestor Alan McQUARRIE.   If you do not wish to do so please let me know.

For the moment,

BAC3

Offline JOTG_18

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I do Vape. And Liquid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 April 18 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hi - sorry for bumping this, but I'm another relation of Allan - (he was my 4th great uncle) - from what I can see, he died sometime in 1884 in Albany WA.

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 April 18 11:35 BST (UK) »
Good Morning JOTG_18,

My interest in the McQUARRIE family essentially lies with Andrew and Colin, who had been inmates of Parkhurst Prison between 1838-1864, a period I am researching for a PhD, so Allan McQUARRIE was outside my remit so speak.   I assume he was named after his father Allan (mother Johan STEWART).

Sadly, my enquiries about Andrew and Colin have not produced any details about their lives "down under" and I would be delighted if you have any information whatsoever.   By the same token if I can help in any way about Allan and his "emigration" via the "Adelaide" to WA do please let me know.

For the moment,

BAC3