Author Topic: King Family, Motherwell - James, Thomas, Alexander, William Dick  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Joseph Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: King Family, Motherwell - James, Thomas, Alexander, William Dick
« Reply #27 on: Monday 06 February 17 00:30 GMT (UK) »
The text relates to the photo of Windmillhill House.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Joseph Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 06 February 17 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Here's what the New Century Theatre, Windmillhill Street, Motherwell looked like.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 06 February 17 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Just came across this old thread (obviously revived) & found it very interesting!

Great pic Joseph J.

From 'The text relates to the photo', I recognised the name Merry Street where my 2hd cousin (2 removes) was born 1893 (McKinnon family)  ;)

Now gives me an idea of the area etc.

Thanks,

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Scottishbricks

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 05 March 18 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello to everyone who has posted here. I am not a member of the King family but their association with the Scottish brick manufacturing industry of old interests me. I run the website www.scottishbrickhistory.co.uk and I have a page dedicated to the Kings

https://www.scottishbrickhistory.co.uk/the-kings-brick-makers-of-auchinlea-bellside-and-greenhill/

If anyone has any further info on the brick manufacturing aspect then I would love to hear from them. I am also available on brickmarks@gmail.com

Does anyone have any relevant photos?

very best regards

Mark